Appointment: *Update #2*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
I'm leaving now and I will update soon. <333

*UPDATE*

All of my rides bailed on me, and now I don't know if I can make it on time....

*Again*

I usually don't let myself cry like this, but I am so upset. I called them and told them I would be 10 minutes late, and they said it should be fine. I got there and the u/s lady refused to give me an u/s and told me I can come back on MAY 7th!! I'm extremely sad and upset and angry...
3Sapphires and amazing_love like this.

Last edited by CaliMommy; April 18th, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
April 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!!!!!!! I hope someone comes through! I know how much you've been looking forward to this day.
Can you take the bus line? Can the u/s tech see you a bit later?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, that is wrong!! Very unthoughtful of them! I really hope you can make it as well!!

April 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Call and let them know you are running a bit behind! I hope you find someone to give you a ride! I can't believe everyone would bail on you!! KUP!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh no! I know you were really looking forward to this!

I agree, call the office so they know you are running late. I'll bet they will try to work with you. If not, try tears!
amazing_love likes this.

April 18th, 2012, 11:10 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm SO sorry!! How very rude of them to cancel last minute!! I agree to tell them you're running late. I hope you figure something out!

April 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well that really blows! WTH! do these people know we are all waiting on the news!
palmetto_moon and curlygirl77 like this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
Updated...

April 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHAT! are you kidding me! I would have thrown such a *&^% fit!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I am so sorry! That's just crap

April 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
WHAT! are you kidding me! I would have thrown such a *&^% fit!
I would have but I was on the verge of tears and walked out of the place. I'd go to a new office because of all the problems they have, but that's the only one in a reasonably close distance.

April 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you call back and ask to speak with the office manager, now that you're home and not in the moment? THEN I'd complain loudly and let them know how upset you are.
CaliMommy likes this.

April 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanamom4 View Post
Can you call back and ask to speak with the office manager, now that you're home and not in the moment? THEN I'd complain loudly and let them know how upset you are.
I don't know if they have one, but I'll call.

April 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh Caitlyn I am so sorry That is awful that they tell you it's fine and then refuse to give you the u/s. I think you should call whoever is in charge at that office and let them know about this. Wow.

April 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
They'll have one Caitlyn. All offices have someone in charge. Tell them that you called to let them know you'd be ten minutes late and they said it'd be fine but when you showed up they wouldn't see you. Tell them that it's difficult for you to get transportation and they should have told you when you called if they couldn't see you late. That was the whole point of you calling first. I'd tell them that now you've basically wasted a ride, owe someone gas money and wasted your time and theirs all after you called to make sure you could still come in. Then tell them that May 7th is too far out and you need a closer appt.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That really stinks. I know you were so excited about this day.

April 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
Okay. So, I called and complained and the manager tried telling me how crucial it is to get there on time. I understand that, which is why I called, I told her my situation and how it was unfair that I had to make the extra trip out there just to be refused. I didn't want to sound rude or throw any of the workers under the bus because I still had to go there for appointments.

I got put on hold and got a new date of April 23rd, this Monday. Yay! It isn't ideal, and a long wait, again, but it's better than May 7th.

April 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That is so wrong to tell you it was fine and then refuse to do the u/s! I'm sorry that happened You definitely need to call and complain. I really hope you can get an earlier appt!!

April 18th, 2012, 01:05 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you called them back to complain! I totally agree that if they weren't going to see you, they should have just told you on the phone that you needed to reschedule! If you called to tell them you were running late and they said no worries, to just come, then it is their job to fit you in!

Way to stand your ground girl! I'm not much of a whiner, but I am BIG on principal. Don't say you will do something and then just flat out refuse to do it! I can't stand when people try to shove others around on their watch. You will notice that especially when you become a mother, you will tend to put up with less and less bullcrap in any kind of situation!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
YAY!!!!!!!! Monday will be here before you know it! Good job for calling them. It sucks but sometimes you have to be the "Squeaky Wheel" to get what you need.
I don't know what insurance you have, but does your ins company offer free transportation to medical visits so that you aren't relying on people who may disappoint again? Or do you have someone who is pretty reliable that you can ask to drive you? Or can you borrow someone's car so you don't have to depend on their timetable?
MOnday is going to be here soon!!!!!!!! Can't wait! I think we have a couple moms on Monday...Isn't that your u/s also, Ami?

April 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I posted before seeing your last update... I'm so glad you called and were able to get an earlier appointment!! monday will be here before you know it I also have an u/s this monday but i already know the gender, this one will just be the anatomy scan since we weren't able to do it last time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search