Need some reassurance

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 04:10 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does this look like a 16 week 4 day belly to you?

Excuse my dirty mirror!!

My brain says "Stop it Ashley, you know first time moms take longer to show" but my heart can't help but worry a little bit. These in between stages where you're not quite showing and not feeling anything are really hard! I'm sure the worrying never stops though!

April 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, it does! I am smaller framed like you and it took me a long time to show with my first. I'm 21 weeks with this baby and am finally starting to have a little belly. Just give it time!
And you look great, by the way!

April 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Thank you!! I started having a little bump after 14 weeks and up until now I was pretty much worry free, but then I started thinking about it too much!

April 19th, 2012, 04:40 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you look great!

I never look pregnant

I know how nerve wracking this lack of movement is - I hope we both start feeling something soon!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 19th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
first time mamas typically dont pop until around 16-18 weeks. You're gonna wake up one morning and go "whoa!! where this belly come from!!" movement should happen in the next few weeks.

You are on the cusp of all the good stuff! I know it's frustrating but you definitely have a baby bump! hang in there
momma_d likes this.

April 19th, 2012, 05:48 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
You look wonderful, Ashley and totally normal for where you are. If you want reassurance, go check out my pics. I've looked pretty much the same week to week, and FINALLY am starting to see a difference and that didn't happen until a couple of weeks ago. People still don't know I'm pregnant by looking at me, and this is my 4th and I'm almost 20wks with just a small bump starting to show. It varies so much. With my first, I seriously didn't show until I was about 32wks. Then everyone in the world was like "I didn't know you were pregnant!" I was like, um, yeah, I'm almost done, LOL! So, you can expect to show later your first pregnancy.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 19th, 2012, 05:51 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you look totally normal for your frame, size and how far along you are. You look absolutely great!!!!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 19th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked about like that at 16 weeks with my first. Even now at 18 weeks with my 2nd, I'm not a whole lot bigger than that. Also with my first, I *maybe* felt the first hint of movement at 17 weeks, and then not very regularly or definitely until 20ish weeks.

My Ovulation Chart
April 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, looks fine to me. I have friends who don't show at all until 20+ weeks. Don't worry, give it another month or two and you will have the obvious baby belly.
April 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks everyone, it's nice to hear some other perspectives! You're all very sweet!

April 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you look completely normal, about the size I did around then. I'm 5'7" and was around 135 when I got pregnant this time. Last time, I was probably 6 months along before I really showed. I asked my doctor this time, because I'm still kind of worried about my bump, and he said that I'm tall, 20-28 weeks is when growth really starts. You look great. Enjoy the smallness now, because before long, that belly will really start being recognized.

April 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, looks completely normal just like all of the other ladies said! You look great

April 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look perfect.
Angela; Mom to S,K,R,J,E,C,N and #8 coming soon (ish).

April 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! And you can totally see a little bump there, nothing to worry about at all! Like Lyz said, one of these days you are going to wake up and think "where in the world did this big belly come from?!?!"

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 19th, 2012, 08:33 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look wonderful!! Its completely normal! I went and found my 16 week belly pic with my first and as you can see i was barely showing. This was the point where i finally started showing. Hope this gives you some reassurance.

April 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 20w4d today and a person at work said, "Hey, looks like you are finally starting to show!!" Don't sweat it, I think you look great

Ashley
Ashley
April 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would rather be in your shoes! My uterus has bumped up my belly fat so now I look MORE pregnant than I actually am!
But I'm also a first time mom and I didn't notice my baby+belly fat bump until a week or 2 ago. No more sucking in the gut for me!

April 19th, 2012, 09:52 AM
A couple weeks ago I was worried because I didn't have a bump at all, and now that I do I worry that it's not big enough!! LOL thanks again everyone. I guess I can't expect this little peanut to grow at lightning speed!

April 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wait, with your next baby you'll be worried that you're growing TOO quickly. At least this was the case with me

April 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look great for first time mom! I was also worried a few weeks ago, but now at 18 weeks my belly is huge (and this is not my first)

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search