Mini-Cribs?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have or plan on getting, a mini or port-a-crib? Basically just a smaller scale crib, like this:
DaVinci Kalani Mini Crib - Espresso : Target

I sold my son's crib last September after 2 years of secondary infertility and feeling like I couldn't look at that empty crib for one more day. So, we are currently cribless. Our house is small and I'm not sure where the baby will be sleeping for sure (our room, DS's room, or the landing area we used as a nursery last time). So I feel like this might be our best bet and easiest to move from room to room.

My Ovulation Chart
April 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a friend of mine got a mini crib and it converts to a twin size bed - I still have a crib from DS #2, but if I didn't I would be looking into one, the bedroom this baby is going in is tiny and I don't think anything larger than a twin will fit.

I did hear that finding crib sheets for mini cribs is a PIA...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
a friend of mine got a mini crib and it converts to a twin size bed - I still have a crib from DS #2, but if I didn't I would be looking into one, the bedroom this baby is going in is tiny and I don't think anything larger than a twin will fit.

I did hear that finding crib sheets for mini cribs is a PIA...
I dont know anything about mini-cribs, but just curious on the sheet thing, would pack-n-play sheets work? Those aren't hard to find!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is what i'll be buying
Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow: Baby

I love how compact it is, how its supposed to help babies sleep better, and the price! I also have a pack and play and will probably try to use that as a bassinet in the beginning and see which one works best for baby girl.

April 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
This is what i'll be buying
Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow: Baby

I love how compact it is, how its supposed to help babies sleep better, and the price! I also have a pack and play and will probably try to use that as a bassinet in the beginning and see which one works best for baby girl.
Ooo, I do like that. But I'm looking for something that the baby will be able to sleep in , until like age 2ish. But that does look great for the early days.

My Ovulation Chart
April 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought about this for baby #2 but decided to save money and get Bella a toddler bed and give the baby her crib.

April 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah it definitely wouldn't work that long. It does go to 25 lbs though so it works longer than a bassinett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
I thought about this for baby #2 but decided to save money and get Bella a toddler bed and give the baby her crib.
I have considered this as well to save money so it will depend on when i decide to transition baby into a crib and whether i feel Cam is ready to be in a toddler bed.

April 19th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
I dont know anything about mini-cribs, but just curious on the sheet thing, would pack-n-play sheets work? Those aren't hard to find!
you need to buy a mini crib mattress, and they are the same thickness of a regular crib mattress. so no the pack-n-play sheets wouldn't work.

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 19th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
when I was doing research I found sheets that were compatible with mini cribs on amazon.com

April 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one and I LOVE it!! The big cribs are just a waste to me. Even at 2yrs old DD1 fit perfectly in it. By the time they were going to get too big they were transitioned to a toddler bed anyway. You use either sheets/breathable bumper for the "mini crib" or "portable crib" or "pack and play" all fit the same Ours converts to a twin head/foot board later on too. It saves space and much easier for tiny 5' me to use
wishfulgal and Enitsirk like this.
April 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
Ditto to Jenna. We have one and it's way more convenient then a full size crib. Amazon sells the correct height mattress pads(they come with really thin crappy ones but you shouldn't get one thicker then 3"), a great waterproof mattress pad, the softest jersey knit sheets, and breathable bumpers. I wouldn't hesitate to get one again. They're much easier to move out of our room and into a nursery without having to diassemble and then reassemble.
April 20th, 2012, 05:40 AM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
That's what we'll be using! I needed something I can move from room to room because baby sleeps wherever I sleep and if he is cranky and I have to move from our room back to the nursery or out to the living room to keep from waking DH whom has to get up at 5, then I can easily move it around!

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 20th, 2012, 05:52 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a bassinet that baby will use wheile he or she sleeps in our room. but baby will have his or her own bedroom so we're getting a full sized crib.

Wouldn't they grow out of a mini crib too quick??

April 20th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I don't think they would out grow it too fast, but I did like the option of keeping my kids in the crib till 2.5-3 years, I don't think you could with a mini crib...

April 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
I love that mini-crib, and also the price! My babies don't sleep with us, and we used the same one for my DD and DS and then got rid of it, because I thought we were done, so I will be needing another one, and don't want to spend a lot. That looks perfect. How much are the mini mattresses I wonder?
April 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
I don't think they would out grow it too fast, but I did like the option of keeping my kids in the crib till 2.5-3 years, I don't think you could with a mini crib...
That's what I mean... I kept Kelly in hers until she climbed out one day with the mattress in the lowest position. That ended the crib days. LOL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search