Leaking?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is an embarassing problem but i leak really easily when i sneeze, cough, any sudden movement, etc. I never had a bladder problem with DS or after giving birth.. not until this pregnancy. I hope it stops after pregnancy because even though no one else knows, its gross!

Anyone else have this problem?

April 19th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry, I'm right there with ya!

Mine isn't so much when I sneeze or laugh. But I have a certain saddle that when I ride my horses, I can't help but leak. Ugh, its awful! It makes helping my students with horse issues difficult!

April 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
Are you sure you don't have a urinary tract infection? Pregnant women are prone to those, and I know they make you lose control a little, cuz I've had them before. May be worth getting checked.
April 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally have the issue and I definitely don't have a UTI. I have been sick with a chest cold this last week and the day I stayed home from work sick I literally peed myself 3 times from coughing so hard!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
No i don't have a UTI. I have no other symptoms and everything is normal other than occasionally leaking. I remember hearing other people say this happened to them.. i guess i was just lucky last time! Glad i'm not alone!

April 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
In Feb. I had the flu and coughed all the time and had to put a pad on so I did not have to change my clother so much!! I can get up and move fast and bam I leak!! So yea I do the same thing and it makes me crazy but this all started after I had my first child 8 years ago....

April 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I know how you feel, I wear a panty liner constantly atm. I hate the thought of every sneeze/cough/too hearty a laugh causing a leak. Darn the bladder!

April 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yep I have to brace myself to sneeze and if someone makes me laugh really hard I'm practically running to the bathroom! This happened at the end of my last pregnancy and went away shortly after birth. Kegel exercises help too

April 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Veteran
Yup. I was sooo annoyed when I went to buy panty liners- I thought I was going to get to avoid that aisle of the grocery store till this fall!
April 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been dealing with those same issues this entire pregnancy! It's horrible I hope it lets up after the baby is born or I'm going to be one miserable momma!

April 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
I leaked alot with my first. Every time I would cough or sneeze, I would have to cross my legs or a I would pee myself a little. I haven't had much problem yet unless I am jogging or if I have to go to the bathroom really badly.
April 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Yup! I have to cross my legs like a little girl who has to pee, when I sneeze or start to laugh!!!

April 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Veteran
Kegels baby!!!! I know I need them too!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
April 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you Keggels!! I haven't been leaking yet,, well my boobs have, but I do have a ridiculous amount of discharge
April 19th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Super Mommy
Ugh, me!! I even had to change today because it got to the point where I smelled like pee.

April 19th, 2012, 07:20 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me too I don't leak all the time, but really only when I cough or sneeze. Oh....and when I throw up and pee alot.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have it too, and it sucks. If I have to potty it's like a newly potty trained toddler...I have to go NOW! And if I throw up or sometimes even just sneeze, I will pee my pants a little bit. Sucks.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
The sad thing is I do my Kegels all the time and it doesn't seem to matter this time around.

April 20th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Super Mommy
I had no idea this was so common! I guess I should consider myself lucky. It only happened to me once, and that was when i was 9 months pregnant with DS. My DH and I were playing cards and he got me laughing so hard, I couldnt hold it. SO i peed on the chair, and he freaked out, and took it outside and sprayed it down with a hose. I was laughing the whole time. He still likes to give me a hard time about it "Remember that time you peed all over the chair?" LOL.. jerk
amazing_love likes this.
April 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
This might sound bad but i'm glad to hear that you all are having this issue! haha. Makes me feel more normal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search