How have your workouts changed?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
For me, I am still able to do my long workouts but I find myself pausing to breathe a little more often. I have also almost stopped running because my uterus aches after the first mile. It is also harder bending over to pick up the weights.
April 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had to modify my Pilates for obvious reasons. I also feel more 'out of breath' now during my hill runs and Zumba classes already too.

Oh, and I have to run out to pee halfway through my Zumba classes! lol! I also get Braxton Hicks often during my workouts.

Last edited by NYCgirl; April 19th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
April 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Workouts? What are these workouts of which you speak?

My only excercise tends to be walks around town pulling my son in the wagon. So far, I can go as far and as fast as I could pre-pregnancy. I do get Braxton Hicks a lot though.

My Ovulation Chart
April 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I had just started an exercise routine a week before we found out I was pregnant, so I only know what exercise during pregnancy feels like. I find that my pelvic muscles and lower ab muscle ache a lot more frequently than they did initially, but I'm able to keep going the same length of time as when I started.

April 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still running, but got a maternity belt because of pelvic pressure that started about 2 weeks ago.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
April 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Brannyt,
What belt do you use? I was thinking about getting one for my jogs. I think I will need it in a few weeks. I have been looking at this one: Amazon.com: Gabrialla Elastic Maternity Support Belt (Medium Support), Size Medium, White: Health & Personal Care

April 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm still doing everything, just modifying where necessary in yoga, pilates, and using the incline bench for weight training for chest presses and the like. My running can't be as intense, which bums me out. I really want to do an all-out race, but can't for obvious reasons. My normal daily mileage is the same, in about the 6-8mile range, and my weekly long run I won't go over 10 miles. Of course, my pace has had to slow a little, which I also hate, but it's for good reason, at least i keep telling myself that. I do have to listen to my body more and back off or rest completely on days where my body is telling me I need to. I usually ignore that voice when I'm not pregnant, but I know better than to do that while knocked up.

I've been fortunate with the pelvic issues while running, they've not been an issue for me in previous pregnancies or this one yet. My MW recommended keeping my core strong and continue working it through pregnancy to support my growing belly and that seems to work. If your drs will clear you for modified core work, then that may also help to relieve some of the achiness while running.

Kelly, SO FUNNY about the Zumba! I'm the same way with that and my other dance classes. I can't make it through a class anymore without a bathroom break, yet I'm fine and don't need to stop through 10miles of running...how does that happen, LOL???

So glad there's a good group of us staying active. We can work to keep each other encouraged and motivated!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I am finally finding I need to modify my workout sessions. I'm definitely getting tired a lot faster and taking it a lot easier. I didn't mean to at first but I get worn out on lower weights and easier exercises so that's what I'm doing now.

I've also found some of my exercises are uncomfortable depending on where the baby is sitting, especially if hes down on my hips where he always seems to be causing me discomfort.

Pinterest
Flickr
April 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
About having to stop to pee. I have to go all the time or leak when running but am fine on the elliptical. Really for me the elliptical is godsend since I can actually get my heartrate higher than when running but without the impact.
April 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
Mine are exactly the same as before I was pregnant! Long stretches of sitting on the couch, followed by multiple reps of lifting chocolate to my mouth, and finishing with climbing the stairs to bed.

April 20th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgirl View Post
Brannyt,
What belt do you use? I was thinking about getting one for my jogs. I think I will need it in a few weeks. I have been looking at this one: Amazon.com: Gabrialla Elastic Maternity Support Belt (Medium Support), Size Medium, White: Health & Personal Care
I got the Maternity FITSplint by MomBodFitness, and I love it. It came this past Monday, and I have worn it twice since. Totally worth the money and you can wear it after baby as a splint for your belly. I have heard good things about the gabrialla, but wanted to try something adjustable and specifically for active mamas.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search