Fainting/Passing Out during pregnancy??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday DH and I went to my MIL's house. She is about to move so she had everything packed and boxes stacked on her furniture. There was no available seats to sit in. DH ended up getting into some long conversations and before I knew it we were there for about an hour. This whole time I had been standing sort of leaning against a wall. Suddenly I felt hot flashes and very nauseous and my hearing became extremely muffled. I knew I was about to pass out. I sat down on the floor because I knew if i didn't I would pass out and fall.

I have only had this happen one other time and it was years ago when i wasn't pregnant. It was back in high school after donating blood.

Why would this happen?? Has this happened to any of you?

It happened around 1:00 and I had ate around 11:30. I do not feel as if I was dehydrated.

April 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
could have been your blood pressure.

I get feeling that way when my BP is too high (and surprisingly it hasn't been high yet this pregnancy).

But my vision gets swimmy, and sometimes everything will go black, other times the blackness just creeps in around the corners of my eyes. It usually happens when I stand up. I have to grab something and hold on lest I fall over.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Super Mommy
That happened to me a few times with my 2nd. How are you feeling today??
April 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
That has happened a few times, once in the shower and a couple other times. I just sat down, drank some water slowly and had a small snack after it passed. I THINK it was my blood sugar.

You feeling ok today?

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually have this problem a lot..it's usually either low blood sugar or a drop in blood pressure..it go so severe with my last pregnancy I was prescribed a glucose meter to check my sugar when I started feeling weird and it would usually be around 50'ish..What you described would be more of a reactive hypoglycemia if its related to that at all..mention it to your doc and definitely get checked out.

April 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the other girls. It sounds like either blood sugars or blood pressure. were you dehydrated at all? I'm diabetic so that's always my first go to but I also have low blood pressure so changes in temperature, elevation (moving from laying to sitting to standing) can cause my BP to drop more and I faint. Please notfiy your doc to make sure they are monitoring it. Hope you feel better now!!

Thanks*Sharon*for our beautiful siggy!

, , ,,,
April 20th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I have had this happen also. I mention it to my Ob at every appointment because it worries me, but I keep getting told it is just a normal pregnancy thing. I hope it doesn't happen to often for you, and that you are feeling better.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah this happens to me too. It happens a lot to me when I'm standing in the bathroom trying to get ready. For me it's a blood sugar thing because whenever it happens I eat or drink something to give it a boost and sit and it passes. It happened to me a lot last pregnancy too. I've **read** that it is totally a normal part of pregnancy.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 20th, 2012, 12:24 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has happened to me in the past (not pregnant) when i stand too long especially with locked knees or if i haven't eaten enough and am out in the sun. Hope you're feeling better and it doesn't keep happening!

April 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. I am feeling much better today. My blood pressure is normally on the low side, perhaps it got too low or maybe it was my blood sugar level. I don't have my next appointment until mid May and I will definitely bring it up. If it happens again before then I think I will call my OB. It really scared me so I am glad to hear that it has happened to many of you as well.

April 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I agree with posters who say blood pressure. Your veins expand during pregnancy and your blood pressure can drop as a result. If you were standing for a really long time and your blood pressure was low it makes sense that you might faint.

I'd mention it to your doctor they may want to check your BP.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search