DH and baby shopping

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is in the mood to baby shop. I feel bad because he picked out a baby swing and a deluxe pack and play he wanted to buy. But problem is they are both really boyish. Now that we know we are having a girl i want to buy girly girl stuff! I am not even a big fan of gender neutral items, I like girly stuff for baby girls and boyish stuff for baby boys! I would probably think differently if we happened to have baby boy items from a previous child, but we don't have any baby stuff left so we have to start fresh.

The pack and play is brown and green. Here is a link:

Walmart.com: Graco - Pack 'n Play Portable Playard, Brentwood: Gear

He saw it yesterday and informed me when he got paid today he was going to go and buy it. I thought about it since then and just really want a girly one. I saw lots of them that seemed more appropriate with all of the same features. I feel kind of bad for not letting him buy it. Do you think I am wrong?? Am I just being too picky?

The swing although I feel it is also somewhat boyish i didn't have the heart to tell him I'd rather not so he went ahead and bought it. I'm not too disappointed though because it is aquarium themed and has a ton of neat features. I don't have a pic of it yet but it is the Fisher Price Ocean Wonder Aquarium Cradle swing.

Last edited by Blessed Mommy Of 5; April 20th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
April 21st, 2012, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughters car seat is green and brown and honestly I don't see a problem with it..The only thing I bought that wasnt unisex was her swing and clothes..

April 21st, 2012, 05:59 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also don't have an issue with gender neutral stuff, everything I have is green - even after we found out my first was a boy, I still went with neutral stuff.

But I can totally understand wanting something girl specific. I am waiting till we find out to get the car seat, the brand car seat I am looking at only comes in very girly or very boy. So i don't really want to buy a boy seat if I don't have to!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I personally have no problem with gender neutral stuff, but we aren't finding out the sex, so that works for us. If I were like you, with several older kids already and having to start over, I'd totally go for the the gender-specific stuff!! I can definitely understand wanting to keep DH from buying something you don't like. I would do the same with my DH...I'd explain my feelings and then we'd find something that we both could live with. Good luck - and I hope you get your girly girl stuff!!

April 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm okay with some gender neutral stuff but can understand your desire for girly items. If that's what you want then you should let your DH know about the pack and play. I'm sure you can find a way to tell him where hopefully he won't take it personally. At least with my DH he couldn't care less what styles/designs i choose.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search