How much clothes are you buying?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ever since we found out we were having a boy we've been shopping here and there just grabbing things we see on sale or really love. We just threw everything into a large tote so this week I've been going through it all to see what we have and what we still need. So far I have about 10 preemie sleepers (all my babies were 5lbs and under so I'll be pleasantly surprised if this baby is bigger but still prepared) and about 14 NB outfits and about 14 0-3/3m outfits. I also have about 10 gowns. I ADORE baby gowns for night time. It makes diaper changes at 2am SO much easier!! All my babies loved to be swaddled so no issues hiking up gowns and when they did I just stitched a small piece of velcro to the bottom of the gown and ta-dah no more slippage I have roughly 20 onesies from preemie-0-3 Do you think this is enough? What would you recommend getting more of? You would think I was a first timer but I honestly forget what we did with the girls

, ,,,,,,
April 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't bought any clothes yet. We find out what we're having next week. I agree about the gowns... Makes nighttime changes soooooo much easier.

April 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many swaddling blankets do you have? I had two when my son was born and I wished I had had more straight off the bat. That's when you need them the most! Certain swaddling blankets work a lot better than others.

Little baby hats we used too being a september baby.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping to get away with not buying much - even if this is a girl, I figure she can rock some blue

most the little onesies and gowns I have are neutral anyway, so I don't think I will need much.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 21st, 2012, 08:26 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've bought a few outfits. My daughter was 6-14 when she was born, so no need for premie outfits. We have bought a few NB and 0-3 month stuff, maybe like 5 things total. I have some yellow from my daughter, but I know Geoff won't want him wearing pink. We will just pick things up here and there, and hope that he bakes until his due date!

April 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Veteran
No clothes since same gender and we live in Florida and this one is due 4 months after my first was, so there isn't going to be a drastic difference in weather.
April 21st, 2012, 10:18 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like you have enough clothes to get by nicely

I would say to make sure you have enough swaddling blankets like mentioned above. Also do you have plenty of socks? Do you like the baby sleeping bags or halo sleeping bags? If so, you could get some of those as well

I have been shopping since I found out baby's gender as well, I forgot how much fun it is to shop for babies!! I'm not sure how much I have so far because a lot of it I ordered online and a lot hasn't arrived yet. I am a little worried because I bought a lot of newborn size clothes/sleepers/gowns and I started thinking none of my kids fit into newborn size for long. My son never fit in that size at all. One of my daughters barely fit into newborn size and only did for about a week. My babies got big very quickly! I consulted a chart online and it said up to 7 lbs and 17" for newborn size. Wow, none of my kids were that small. I think I am going to get bigger sizes now!

April 21st, 2012, 10:34 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've bought a bunch of stuff but only when I find them cheap, like from Marshall's or consignment sales. So I have a bunch of sleepers, baby jeans, soft pants, and other gender neutral outfits. When I find out what the baby is it will be hard controlling myself! I haven't bought any onesies yet... need those!

April 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
See, I've always found that newborn clothes were still huge on my babies at birth, even when they were born at 7 or 8 pounds....
Anyhoo, I have only bought like....three outfits so far. I did get my baby boy storage bin out of our storage shed and went through that (it's been over five years since our last baby boy) and so I took out what I still liked and what would be seasonally appropriate. That added about a dozen more little outfits.

I am in a very fun and sort of unique situaion in that last time I was pregnant, I had Mia and my sister had a little boy six weeks later. Now, we are both pregnant again (and due two weeks apart) but this time I am having a boy and she is having a girl. Since our last little ones are just now turning two, we have decided to just trade stashes. So I'm giving her Mia's infant car seat and all her newborn clothes, shoes ect...and my sister is giving me all her newborn boy stuff, car seat ect. Since we are both sure these are our last babies, neither of us is eager to buy a lot brand new that we don't have to, so this is really a fun situation. I need to make a trip down to Tennessee so we can trade stuff!

I am planning to buy some clothes and such though, just b/c it's so much fun! I love baby shopping. I am on the hunt for a diaper bag currently....I want a really good one this time. I didnt before, but someone here posted about diaper bags and ever since, I've been wanting a really cute one! I stalked diaperbag.com for hours last night...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be buying a take home outfit and maybe 4 or 5 Newborn outfits...once we find out if it's a girl or a boy. We have TOTES and TOTES of clothes from our other kids, so we don't NEED anything. I never really bought any newborn outfits for my other kids - always just bought 0-3 month, but they swallowed them at first! So I decided I wanted to buy just a few newborn outfits/sleepers this time around.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was almost 7 pounds at birth and in the 1 percentile in height, still is. He came home wearing preemie outfits. He wore those for 2.5 weeks before moving on to NB outfits.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Super Mommy
I dont have anything, and I got rid of EVERYTHING baby and too small for my son in November.. Then got pregnant in December. Talk about timing! Im really hoping the grandparents will come though and get us some clothes. I have a few packs of diapers so far. Thats it.
April 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i still have all the clothes from my last babies so i am pretty set for newborn and 3-6 month clothes. i am crocheting some blankets and hats becquse my other babies were born in hawaii and never used them it sounds as though you have plenty of clothes, i guess it also depends on how often you want to do laundry too.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went through some of Bella's things and found boys stuff (like a few monkey jammies, etc) and my girfriend saved all her boy clothes which is same season for my little guy so I have a TON coming my way. I probably won't buy any I'd rather spend money on things I want or need if I have so much clothes!

April 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first boy, so I'm pretty excited, even though I'm not loving much of what's out there.

That said, we're all set for newborn size. I am a scavenger lol or at the least very thrifty. I joined ALL the local facebook yardsale pages and got a huge bag of newborn clothes for nearly nothing. My cousin also just had a baby boy in December so I'm getting pieces here and there as her little guy outgrows them. (He's still in nb as he was a preemie).

In NB we have over 20 sleepers, 6 gowns, 20 onesies, 10 or 12 pairs of little pants, maybe 10 outfits. Probably more than we'll need lol.

I have maybe 5 or 6 things for each stage from 0-9 months. My DH and mom have cut me off from picking things up right now until we have our baby shower this summer. We do have another friend who has a bin of clothes for me to go through but I've been on bedrest and haven't had a chance to get to her house. I'm hoping for this week

I like to have lots of sleepers, onesies, and cotton pants because they're comfy for baby. Outfits are cute for pictures but not always practical for everyday wear. I like gowns too for nighttime.

April 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I probably wont buy many clothes. I am set for clothes. I will just buy a coming home outfit. The only things I really plan on buying are a swing, car seat, and some cloth diaper covers. If I can find a co-sleeper for cheap I will buy one, but so far no luck with that.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't know the gender for another week but if its a girl, we are all set...if its a boy, I have some gender neutral things already so hopefully I won't go too crazy...oh who am I kidding, I probably will!
April 23rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We won't be finding out the gender, but we're pretty much all set if it's another boy, although the seasons are off a bit so I might need a few things (January vs September.) I will probably eventually pick out a girl and boy coming-home sleeper and take them to the hospital with us. If it is a girl, I'll send DH on a Target run to pick up some more sleepers in the appropriate size. That's what we did last time and it worked out just fine. And I still have a bunch of gender-neutral newborn sleepers.

My Ovulation Chart
April 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need pretty much all new NB and 0-3 month onesies & sleepers. I will need a few newborn outfits, my faves are the little fleece and cotton outfits from Carters. They are so soft and hold up amazingly!

I'm trying not to buy too much until we move, because I don't want to have more to move if not necessary, and I don't want anything to get lost or damaged either!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 23rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still need alot but am not really worried about getting enough. I figure i'll get lots of clothes at my shower since everyone loves buying clothes for baby girls and whatever i don't get from that i'm sure i'll make up for with all i'll end up buying I've picked up probably about 10-15 outfits since finding out the gender, most a very good deal. I'm only buying stuff I LOVE though since like i said i'm sure i'll have plenty

Sounds to me like you have a great start!! I wouldn't worry much.. how i see it is the more you have the less you have to do laundry in the beginning so i'd rather have too much than not enough. haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search