Baby anxiety (not L&D or health related)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we've had a lot of chats about L&D anxiety or health related anxieties but what are you anxious about in regards to having a new baby to bring home??

For me I am really really REALLY having anxiety about the sleeping situation. With DD1 it was simple we did a bassinet then a PNP with a bassinet part and then by 9 months the crib and at a year moved to her own room. DD2 was pure HelloKitty. seriously. She was a week earlier and they shoved "kangaroo care/body temp" down my throat that she lived on my chest for the first few weeks once she was regularly gaining weight. then it made it IMPOSSIBLE for her to sleep anywhere else. We tried the bassinet, we tried the crib (she was PETRIFIED of it) the bouncy the swing you name it ,she would ONLY sleep with me. This lead to a very UNWANTED Co-sleeping situation that was miserable for everyone (but her) for a year.

I know each child is different and this one COULD be super easy! I'm just PETRIFIED to make a decision. ANY decision, for fear it will be the wrong one and set us up for another year of sleeping torture.

What are your baby anxieties?
Pets?
Siblings?
SO?
Work?...

, ,,,,,,
April 22nd, 2012, 09:40 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm actually not really nervous or anxious about having baby at home at all. My only real anxiety right now is getting my house in order. It's so bad right now. Seriously BAD! I want to bring my baby home to a clean orderly house, but it hasn't been that way since my DD was born 4 years ago We are actually working on it today...and hoping to make some improvement so I will have the motivation to keep working at it.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really nervous this time. I am a little concerned about how to keep baby warm this winter, we live mostly in our basement, we do have a heat vent down here, but it is still kinda chilly probably around 65 degree. I guess just some extra blankets...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just out of curiousity..why the basement? LOL

April 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son had colic, gas, and was waking 10-20 times a night. I'm worried about that situation repeating with a 12 month old in tow

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
My biggest concern is getting on a schedule. I've always been a "roll with the flow" kind of girl, but with three: My DD in 2nd grade, my DS starting preschool, and a newborn RIGHT at the beginning of the school year, We have to have a plan. Her school will start at 8:30, and his at 9. So, I'll need to have baby up, fed, changed, and dressed before I wake them up. (Hopefully little one will be a go with the flow type baby, the good Lord willing.) Then DS will have to be picked up at 12, and fed lunch and hopefully nap some days, and then she'll be picked up at 3. And hopefully the baby will go along with this okay too.

My other concern is my husband. He is convinced that 3 kids will be too much for me to handle. This is because I kept my sister's DD last summer and she was so used to my sister holding her all the time, that she would scream at the top of her lungs, and cry if I put her down or walked out of the room for half a second, and She also never napped. And i do mean NEVER! So, I got really frustrated. He thinks that will happen again. I keep telling him though, it is different with your own, and that our baby will learn immediately that it wont be held 24/7. I felt bad about letting my sister's kid scream in the crib, because she wasn't mine. Where as, if I knew my baby was fed, clean and otherwise fine, I'd let him cry til he passed out, and got used to the routine. My kids are most important, but I have many other responsibilities. I didn't hold either of my other kids all the time, and they're both perfectly happy kids. Plus he'll expect all the house work to be done, I'm going to be hard core dieting, and after a couple months, will be starting school. So that will be another schedule adjustment I'll have to work out. I have faith though that everything will be fine. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me!"
April 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Really it will all work out. Going from two to three killed me and my stress levels only because I literally did NOT have enough hands. BUT you soon get more organized and figure these things out.

Sounds like you need to get a sling. I had the Ergo for my youngest and as soon as she was old enough I popped her on my back so my front was free to be with the other kids. It IS hard early on. ALL my babies needed to sleep ON me.

It will be ok. You'll see.

April 22nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also anxious about our house situation, knowing that I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy and we're not even close to being ready for a baby - we have to organize and clean up the baby's room (which is now a storage room and *GAG* litter box room and our cats are so disgusting when it comes to that), finish painting that room, and then on top of that we have one bathroom in our house with very old plumbing and bath so we basically need to re-do the whole room. Fix the plumbing, get a new tub (we can't even take a bath in there right now), and while we're at it we'll probably re-do the tile. Anyway, that's on top of all the other things in this house that are on my project list! Those are priority though. We will manage but we really need to get going on it.

April 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am worried about my 2 year old dd. she is still very much my baby and i don't know if she is going to share the attention willingly! my other three kids adjusted to mew siblings easily but my dd is different. she is also very active and extremely mischevious so i will not be able to leave her alone with the baby even for a second!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried about our living situation. We are looking for a new house to rent but there isnt much out there at the moment and I really don't want to bring a baby into this house. Also, I get a little worrie about how the 3 dogs are going to do with a baby...

April 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
My worry is just my older two kids adjusting since Ethan starts school around the same time baby girl will be born and my fear is he will think he is being pushed away. Brennan on the other hand he is a total monkey and thinks he can do anything and everything so my fear with him is having him think he can pick up the baby himself.
April 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I'm worried about how I will handle all the big changes we are going to face in the first year of the baby's life. First I will have the baby. Then we will get orders to a new base sometime after March next year. After that we will be moving to the new base no later than early August, or whenever the Navy tells us to move. On top of all the moving stress we will have to have all of our ducks in a row in case my dh deploys as soon as we get there. The last time he reported to a ship he deployed before the movers even delivered our stuff, so I want to make sure we are fully prepared. I will more than likely have to get our new house set up and unpacked, get the kids registered into a new school, figure out the new area, and much more on my own with four kids. We have also been talking about me and the kids moving to the new base earlier than my dh if his orders wont put us there in time for the new school year, so I may have all four kids on my own in a hotel for who knows how long. I already have lists of things I need to get done. I want to be ready for whatever the Navy throws our way next March. I just don't know how I am going to get it all done. It makes my head hurt to think about it.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Getting the house in order. We're refinishing our hard wood floors and I can't be here when it's done because I have asthma and I can't be brething in the sawdust and chemicals, especially while pregnant.

Mostly, I'm nervous about how I'll manage my time and how my relationship with DD will change. She is going from being an only child to having a sibling. That's a big deal!! It's always been her and I. ANd now she will ave to share me.

April 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 to 3 was easy for me. 1 to 2 was much more work I imagine 3 to 4 will be a bit of a change since my girls are older now but we'll manage.

I too am a little worried about a clean house. Being on bedrest I haven't been able to keep up and DH is so tired afterwork this place is looking scary. He did manage to clean most of the living room yesterday and get a bunch of laundry done. Now if only he'd do the hall, the rest of the living room and our room...

Maybe our biggest concern is DD3 who is so used to being our spoiled baby and getting lots of love. She'll get plenty but she might feel pushed out of the way.

April 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to say I am also afraid of the transitions. Like many of you my DD2 will be starting preschool and my DD1 will be around 22 months when he arrives. The complication is that we are a 1 car family and no matter what it involves me driving someone (we live in a duplex with my parents) to work then to my errands and pick them up from work. I fear being able to keep the girls in their extra curricular things (DDs will both be doing dance and gymnastics) and still being able to keep it all in control with a newborn. :/

, ,,,,,,
April 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have to say I'm concerned about not having a lot of extra room. We have four children now and we plan on moving but it has not been as easy as we thought it would be. None of the houses we have looked at have worked out. So, baby will be in our room with us when she is born. Our room is pretty full so I definitely need to clean out some things to make space for the baby and some of her things. I really like to be prepared for my babies, so this really bothers me.

The next thing I worry about is money. We are doing fine now but we are adding a new baby to the family. Our oldest four children are very expensive. I have found that children actually get more expensive as they get older. The things they want cost much more, clothes and shoes cost wayyy more, etc. So, now we will also have to buy for our new baby. Which means costing more money!!! I am very close to graduating college and I am really looking forward to that so that our income will be that much more

April 22nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just hope this baby loves sleep and gets on a routine quickly. DD had meconium aspiration at birth, then had very bad reflux and a poor sucking reflex, she cried a lot and didn't sleep well except on one of us. She still hates sleeping by herself.
I don't mind co-sleeping as long as he sleeps well and lets me get enough rest. I cannot function on little sleep.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm worried about going from 1 to 2 kiddos. I'm worried about how Bella will feel with her baby brother here. I'm worried about finances since I'm self employed and my client census goes up and down.

I'm trying not to worry about most of it but I can't help it.

April 23rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Mostly, I'm worried he wont get here alive. I'm pretty comfortable carrying girls because I've had 2 successful pregnancies with girls, but I'm not confident about safely getting a boy here healthy and alive. I'm also worried about having another baby like my 10 month old (although I'll happily take a living baby of any type). She is SUCH a handful. She had acid reflux and is a high needs baby that STILL sleeps with us against my wishes. I'm also worried about how they will both adjust to sharing yet more of my attention. I'm also worried about having to make a circumcision decision. I had considered it with Robert but never had to make a decision. I'm not sure what to do. There's a lot going on in my head this pregnancy but I'm trying REALLY hard to have faith that God will take care of it all. I just pray every night that he will let this baby boy get here alive and healthy and not take another one of my babies.
April 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, right now I am anxious about all of our house stuff. We are waiting for everything to be *officially* approved for our house. I've heard crazy stories about ppl being pre-approved to buy a home, but then for whatever reason don't get approved once it goes through review. This makes me nervous bc I am so sick and tired of renting & apartment living.

I'm also nervous about it because, God willing that everything goes through, we will be moving anytime between mid July-mid August. Sooooo we aren't buying any big baby stuff until then. I'm worried about having the nursery ready on time and bringing baby home to a half-unpacked house! Not to mentioned, moving in Texas heat while I'm 8-9 months pregnant!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search