Hiccups!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By LovesTheRain
  • 1 Post By LovesTheRain
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
So let me start by telling you what I had for lunch. They had this family fun day thing after church and were serving lunch, and Im embarrassed to say but I had a slaw-dog, baked beans, a hamburger AND banana pudding. (I know, don't judge me)

So the kids stayed with my in-laws to do all the activities, and I came home to relax and nap. So I layed down in bed, and felt him kick, so I put my hand on my belly. He moved a few more times and then exactly to the right of my belly button, I felt a jump. Not powerful as his kicks, but a few seconds later, another jump. Few seconds after that, another jump. And so on, and so on! It was so consistent, I KNOW my baby had the hiccups. I tried to tell my brother about this.. He's in Med school, and expecting his first baby in December, and says I'm crazy, and that I couldn't be feeling the baby hiccuping when he's still so small. But I know for a fact, that's what it was. This kid weighed 13 ounces at 19.4 weeks, which is bigger than normal for his age, and that was a week ago, so he's a pound now, and I dont care what my brother says, I KNOW without a doubt, that's what it was. It was sooooo neat!
April 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww! Yay for feeling your baby boy's hiccups!! I am sooo looking forward to feeling that!!

April 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks Michelle! I just looked it up, and other women have felt them at 20/21 weeks too, so I can tell my brother I'm not crazy. They say that it means the baby is healthy and doing well! Im so thankful and blessed.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.
April 23rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Hiccups are such a funny feeling. LOL. Can't wait to feel that again. Kelly got them a lot in utero. LOL.

April 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD had hiccups all the time in utero! Such a bizarre feeling!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 23rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Kelly, you're not crazy at all. I swear Bailey had the hiccups last week when I was 19-ish weeks. It was small little jumps, and they were too consistent and evenly spaced timing to be kicks. Had to be her hiccuping!!! It's an awesome feeling! Tell your brother you've done this enough times to know what you're feeling I had the U/S tech tell me at 12.5wks that there was no way I was feeling flutters yet because baby was too small. She jumped on the screen and I told the tech that I felt that and she just laughed me off, even when I told her this was my 4th and I was well aware of what quickening felt like. I told my MW what the tech told me and she just rolled her eyes and said the tech had no clue what she was saying and it is quite common for moms who've already had a few kids to feel flutters that early. I don't understand why some people think they know more about what we're feeling than we do, since we're experiencing it, not them!
LovesTheRain likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Super Mommy
Love ya Katie! I totally felt like telling him "Oh thats right, I forgot you've been pregnant 3 times, and you know what fetal hiccups do (and don't) feel like." haha.. If they weren't hiccups, then my kid is going to be one fabulous musician, because he has perfect rhythm with his kicks. LoL.. and it also lasted for 10 minutes, so i know that's what it was. Its so comforting to know you've felt them too, cuz most of the girls here aren't feeling much at all, and our babies are super active! So our babies are not "the average". Who cares? They're FABULOUS! and PERFECT! *hugs*
April 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so neat! I haven't had it yet but have no doubt thats what you were experiencing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search