Stomach Muscle Pain?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weird symptom...I know. I am no thin girl, but I apparently do have some muscle! And when I walk around, I have to push on my tummy in places and rub it because honestly, it feels like my muscles are tearing! I am picturing my stomach getting larger underneath the fat and muscle, so when the muscles reeeeeeally stretch, sometimes it goes too far and almost starts to tear. It's a sharp pain, almost like a stitch in your side from running!

Has anyone else experienced this? I am sure I am fine. It doesn't happen when I am sitting, only when I am walking around and moving and stretching those muscles further. What do you guys think?

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
My best guess would be your having round ligament pain already. I have been having it when switching from laying on one side over to the next at night time so far, but it does sound like what your describing.
April 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have something similar and am wondering the same thing...

April 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep sounds like round ligament pain to me too. My 1st time I experienced it with DS I was walking around at work and it literally felt like someone had stabbed me and ripped the muscles. SOOOO painful! Luckily I learned when it happens to slow down and rest a bit and it won't happen as much or be as painful.

April 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, sounds like ligament pain. I've had some of that going on too.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. RLP is not a good feeling!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Aside from RLP, your muscles are stretching, its normal. In fact, your abdominal muscles could be separating - its completely common during pregnancy. BeFit-Mom Diastasis Recti/Abdominal Separation

Avoid any activities or exercises which would put more pressure on your six pack muscles (i.e. crunches). If you want you can do some simple and non-strenuous exercises to target your deep abdominal muscles (the transverse abdominals), which should help all around with your abdominal muscles. You should be able to find some on google.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search