update- the good the bad and the hurry up and wait.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's our little update. The good- baby is measuring well and so far is actually ahead growth wise of where my girls were at the same gestational age. Considering the fact they were both IGUR (growth restriction) babies this is a good sign. We're hoping by starting off in the higher percentile 72% (girls were in the low 50's at this time) we can hope he wont be IUGR or if the weight does start to slow or stop he will have gained an adequate amount early on to not have as many complications. Again, it's still early but it's a great start!

The bad- I just learned my perinatologist whom I have seen since DD1 has just left our practice. He's been with me through EVERYTHING and I even just saw him a few weeks ago. I got a call today saying that he is done as of Tuesday. ALL of my appointments were rescheduled with some new girl and even a lot of them on days I can't make! I'm crushed. Like crushed. He has been my rock. With DD2 it was literally life and death. She was IUGR my blood sugars crashed and I was taking multiple glucose injections just to remain conscious I had kiney failure and she had fluid, umbilical, and growth problems. Preterm labor at 28 weeks halted off and on with meds and then steroids at 33 weeks an amino and induction at 35. Then the loss of our angel, he's been the ruling hand in everything and I trusted him COMPLETELY. Now I feel as if the rug was just pulled out from under me. At this very critical point I'm like shipwrecked with a fast sinking boat They wouldn't give me any information on why he's leaving or where he is going. Of course I pray it is not personal and he and his family are well but the selfish part of me just doesn't know if i'll be able to trust anyone the way I trusted him.

Onto the hurry up and wait. The echocardiogram confirmed the hole in his heart a ventricular septal defect. Because the fetal heart is not the same as a live baby's heart and he is so small it was too difficult to say if it is an isolated defect or if it is one of several smaller defects. It is very early in the pregnancy so we'll be monitored very closely. I have another scan in 3 weeks. The optimistic side is that it is a singular hole which will not get bigger and eventually close on its own. So that is what we are praying for. So far it is not compromising blood flow or any other systems or structures which is a relief all in itself. The cardiologist we saw was amazing and I've also found several other mommies who have walked similar shoes which helps to just get information and know what I am facing. As always we approach things optimistically. Holding our heads high praying for the best and accepting what we can control.

finally I am thrilled to say I have been migraine free since the cervical block. It's been incredible. My girls are finally settling back into a routine and Evelyn my oldest isn't so afraid of mommy leaving and going to the hospital again (although she still mentions it often but in an accepting tone that "it's ok you go to hospibal and help baby boy")

Again I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts prayers support and understanding. It's a wild ride but we're strapped in tight <3
Daffodil and aquariussweety21 like this.

, ,,,,,,
April 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're having a tough time with the doctor leaving. Hopefully this new one will be amazing and you guys will have a great relationship.

I'm glad the heart problem isn't too serious so far and I am sending good thoughts that it stays that way.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear that the heart problem could resolve on its own! That's great news. Now we will have to send lots of positive vibes for that to happen! Thinking about you!

April 25th, 2012, 05:12 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers daily

April 25th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats tough about your doctor. Its hard because we really do develop relationships with our OB's especially. Hopefully the new doctor will be great and will minimize your fears. If not, don't be afraid to doctor shop.

Glad things appear to be good with the heart. Saying lots of prayers for you and your family.

April 25th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I am sorry that you are going through all of this. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Thank you for updating us, Jenna! I have been continually praying for you, your growing boy, as well as your DH and girls. I hope that this situation will have the best possible outcome!

As far as your dr, I am so very, very sorry to hear about this. I can't believe they won't even give you any information as to if he's still going to be practicing. We've had drs leave the practice with my DH, and they've always given a yes or no, if no other information, to see if they're still going to be practicing. They should, at minimum, be able to give you a yes or no as to if he'll continue practicing elsewhere. If you really would like to continue seeing him if that's an option, you may be able to call your state medical board and tell them the situation. They should be able to get you the info on his new practice (should he have one) and how to get in contact with that practice. Also, you may be getting a letter from him in a couple of days. When my very first MW left our practice (I'd really only seen her once so I didn't care to follow her), she sent letters to all her patients giving them info on where she relocated and how to call for appts and the process for transferring your files if they wished to.

(((hugs))) on that situation. It's so hard when you develop a solid relationship and trust to know if you'll have that with another provider.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 25th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay that baby boy is in the 72% percentile!!! That is wonderful! I pray that your baby boy's heart issue resolves itself. I am so sorry your perinatologist is leaving his practice. It sounds like he was a huge part of your pregnancies and someone you were able to lean on quite a bit. I sincerely hope the new one is just as good, and that time will tell.

So glad your headaches are finally gone!!

Thank for updating us

April 25th, 2012, 09:03 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
It's good that you have SOME good news. You just can't catch a break. I'm thinking of you
April 25th, 2012, 09:14 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good news is always welcome!

Glad to hear good news about baby boy and hope that the heart issue resolves itself!

So sorry to hear about your Dr., I totally agree with what everyone else has said! I hope you get some answers! Have you asked them if he is leaving any recommedations other than the new Dr. they are scheduling you with? I would definitely get names and start doing some research, switching to new Dr's is always a nerve racking thing!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear about your doctor! That sounds like a huge adjustment and would be very rough losing someone you trusted so much. Hopefully this other person will end up being great as well.

Very relieved to hear your baby boy is measuring well and that the heart issue will hopefully resolve itself!! Always great to hear good news!

April 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry about your doc.
I hope the VSD closes on it's own. That would be great! Do you live anywhere near Boston? They are the best ped. cards. you could wish for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search