Rock concerts and pregnancy?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By Daffodil
  • 3 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what is your take on pregnant women going to rock concerts? Hellz no! , Airline regs- not past a certain gestation? Sure go ahead!! Theoretically a baby's hearing is developing by 14 weeks. Could a rock concert be harmful? How is that in comparison to headphones on your stomach?

WDYT?
April 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't even think twice about it... Have a concert already lined up for around 35 weeks if I'm still feeling okay!
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 24th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't be afraid of the kids hearing, I would be afraid of all the pot and cigarette smoke in the air!
momma_d likes this.
April 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless you're standing directly in front of a speaker. I'm going to see The Fray on May 12th!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 25th, 2012, 04:03 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking about this a lot as my favorite band usually only does Standing Room Only shows anymore and I really would not want to risk people enclosing me in and possibly bumping my belly.

FORTUNATELY, they will not be touring this summer (!!!) and I don't believe there are any other shows that I feel I would HAVE to see while being pregnant.

You can forget about the plane though I haven't been on a plane in 8 years, and we never go anywhere that far anyway.

April 25th, 2012, 05:19 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd go! especially if it was a Bon Jovi Concert! The only issue I would be concerned about would be the ones smoking pot - but that has only happened at one of the concernts I went to, and it was someone a few rows in front of me.

We go to live fire shooting competitions, and our unit shoots cannon, there are usually 15 cannon on the firing line at a time, and it is very loud, and none of my babies ever seemed to care.

I probably would not take a newborn up to the spectator line, at least until their heads are big enough for ear protection.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 25th, 2012, 05:36 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm all for it!! Moms need fun too. I don't think it'd be harmful to baby at all. I think the only issue I'd have is people bumping into me if it were general admission seating instead of actual seats.

April 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I would go to a concert. The only thing I would be worried about is the smoke. As for flying I wouldn't do it, but I think it would be fine for other people.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I would go! I actually asked about the noise because we went to a NASCAR race when I was pregnant with my 2nd. I was really worried about how loud it is (if you've ever been, you know exactly what I mean). My MW assured me that although they can hear noise outside the womb, it is very muffled in there and there really is no concern. They are pretty well protected from loud noises. I say go and enjoy it (and try to stay away from the smoke)...
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 25th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Veteran
Rock concerts?!?!?! Definitely a go if it's for you. Incubus and Lincoln Park are coming to Cinti again - YAY! I'm there, with my sisters on the lawn, for the 3rd time
April 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Sure! I used to go to my brothers shows all the time when pregnant with DS 1. He would LOVE the bass. He's be kicking away to the music!

April 25th, 2012, 08:06 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, I wouldn't be concerned with the noise, more the smoke & surroundings. I wouldn't want to be in a space where I could be crammed and squished, but I don't see the harm otherwise!

Now if you are talking about mosh pits and stuff like that, umm no, not a good idea!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go if there weren't any complications, and it were near enough that I could get to my hospital if need be.

Linkin Park is playing in three places near us in mid-August but I've had too many complications and the closest is at least 1.5 hrs away. I could go into labor as early as 3-4 weeks ahead of time so I need to be near the hospital.

I'm supposed to go to DC with some friends in July. I'm really hoping to be able to go, but again...I'm not sure it's a good idea with all our issues.

April 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's decided then. I'm not a psycho preggo and I'm going to see Rammstein this Sunday. They got banned from playing in the US years ago so I am SUPER excited they are back It's at the DCU center in Worcester which has stadium seating so no worries about belly bumps. Plus their live shows are awesome so who would want to be in a crowd for that anyway. They're usually pretty good about smoking there etc. DH thought I was being paranoid but figured I'd check and now that I hear so may would go for it I'm so going.
April 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Super Mommy
I went to a concert when i was 9 months pregnant with both of my previous kids. It was great. When I had to pee, it was like the people parted like the red sea so i could get through. It was so funny. Now getting back up to the front was a different story. I was a little concerned cuz people kept bumping my belly, and it hurt, so i only made it about half way.

Now flying, there is NO WAY! I am terrified of heights anyway, and I want to be in my hospital, with my doctor, and feel comfortable and safe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search