DH already has it all figured out...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
...the timing of the next child that is ....he said he would like to try and get pregnant and have baby #3 once this baby turns 1! I thought he was nuts! But really, the timing between children is more what we wanted from the beginning. So, that is the tentative plan. Not gonna lie, it kinda freaks me out, but I think it will be nice to just pop them out now while we are young, healthy, & active! LOL

So, what about you? Do you know yet what your future plans hold in terms of growing your family?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got pg with DD2 when DD1 was a year. And with DD3 when DD2 was a year and 2 months. They're spacing is great in that they play together mostly and it seemed like they were all at once growing up. The spacing between DD3 and DS will be 4.5 years. I'm more afraid of that than having close together kids.

This is our last

April 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanamom4 View Post
We got pg with DD2 when DD1 was a year. And with DD3 when DD2 was a year and 2 months. They're spacing is great in that they play together mostly and it seemed like they were all at once growing up. The spacing between DD3 and DS will be 4.5 years. I'm more afraid of that than having close together kids.

This is our last
We always planned on having our kids about 2 years apart, but then we got pregnant with DD wayyyyy earlier than planned and for obvious reasons, that didn't work out! She will be almost 4 when this baby comes, I'm a little paranoid about such a large gap too, but I know in the end it will all work out just fine!

April 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Depends on the gender of this one. I have my girl so if this one is a boy, I'll probably be done. If girl, we will try one more time probably when this one is about 18 months to 2 years. I told Tristan at most he is getting two more outta me, but if we wind up with 3 daughters, then that's it. LOL.

April 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My older two are 14 months apart. My second and third are 3 years apart. This one and my third will be 2.5 years apart. Honestly I like the two to three year gap better than the 14 month gap. This way I wont have two babies in diapers at the same time.
Edited to add that I am pretty sure this will be our last baby.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
This will be our last one.. One boy who is 8 and our little girl on the way!!

April 25th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest two are just over 2 yrs apart..then my daughter came just before my second son turned 5 so there was quite a gap..I knew then I was done and she would just have to play with her cousin who is 2 months older than her but someone had other plans and now number 4 is on the way..LOL..Honestly I think this is way too close together but not a ton I can do about it now..LOL..I think 2 yrs is the perfect gap because the older sib won't exhibit quite the amt of jealousy that a 1 yr old will have if they suddenly have a newborn sprung on them..LOL

April 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was hoping to get pregnant with #2 for SURE by the DS's first birthday...I would've been thrilled to get pregnant sooner, too. Well, I ended up finally getting pregnant with this baby a few weeks before DS's THIRD birthday, after a lot of heartache. So...yeah our plans are pretty much shot and he will be close to 4 when the baby comes...definitely not how I would have planned it and I think he will have troubles adjusting. We will not prevent at all after this baby, but BFing kept me from gettin AF last time and I assume it will this time as well...I had to wean at 10 months just to have a chance to conceive, and then it took years anyway. So this time I'm trying not to have any expectations about "when" or "if' we will be blessed with another child. We obviously have no control over it...wish we did.

My Ovulation Chart
April 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We would like our kids to be 1-2 years apart. However, it took a year and a half to get pregnant with this bugger, so it will really depend on my body and if I need to go to the RE again.

April 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my children are 2 years apart until now (of course that varies according to who had their b-day yet each year). We actually didn't plan them that way, but that is how it worked out My older children will be 15, 14, 11, and 10 when this baby is born

My DH and I had decided we both wanted another baby but we weren't actually "trying". We decided that we would stop using the method we had used for birth control (the pull out method), for the past 10 years and let God decide. There is obviously a very large age gap between this baby and our four oldest children. I am not worried about it though, I know it will actually be much easier

DH and I have no plans for permanent birth control after this baby. I am not going to say we are done. Honestly, I don't know if that is true. I may very well have more children. I love my kids and DH and I both want a large family! Lol, I know our family is large now, but I mean possibly an even larger family

April 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS and baby girl will be about 2 years and 4 months apart and i'm hoping it'll be a good age gap. We want 3 kids and i would like them to be somwhat evenly spaced to avoid having a "baby" of the family and so hopefully they can all play well together. I also am one who would prefer to get the baby stage out of the way all at once and move on.. that might sound bad, haha. What i mean is I love having a baby around but it also limits a lot and is difficult in many ways so i think it'll be nice to have them all around the same age at the same time. But then i think about trying for another one when this baby is 18 months or so and i'm not sure i'll be able to handle it!! haha, guess we'll see when the time comes

April 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
So, what about you? Do you know yet what your future plans hold in terms of growing your family?
Think mine has grown enough, lol.

April 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
DS 1 & 2 are 21 months apart, we got pregnant right when DS 1 turned 1, and DS2&3 are 28 months apart. DS3 and this little girl will be 25 months apart. I LOVE the spacing. It's worked out really well. I love how my oldest 2 play so well together and my youngest is starting to jump right in there with them. It's wonderful. I think you'll enjoy that spacing should it work out that way for y'all!

I *think* this is our last one, but I'm open to God leading us to have more. DH and I honestly thought our current youngest would be our last, but God changed both of our hearts and here we are expecting our 4th!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 26th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Super Mommy
I think this is our last as well. There's 25 months between DD1 and DD2, and it was perfect for us. As DD2 got older, we realized that the age gap was so perfect because DD1 is just an all-around easy child. Our original plan was to have 4 kids, two years between each. DD2 changed our plans! I honestly don't think I would have handled a new baby very well when she was just turning two. She'll be three in a couple of weeks and closer to 3.5 when this little boy is born, and I think she's only just now at an age where I can manage it. We've agreed not to do anything permanent immediately, but we're both pretty certain that one more baby is enough for us.
April 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really liked having my boys 2 year apart, I ended up PG 3 months after my first turned 1. But we had been trying for the better part of a year.

I wanted the last one to be as close in age, I did end up pregnant after 14 months of ttc, but miscarried. It then took another 18 months for me to get pregnant, so this time there is 4 years in between kids.

I am so nervous this one - especially if it is boy - will feel left out, Adam and Nate are very close in age, and do most things together, I fear this one will feel like a 3rd wheel.

as far are more kids go, we are done.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 26th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know that we'll have more. Not even 1/2 done with this one yet! This is the biggest gap between my kids though. It will be 3 years and 2-3 months between Sebastian and this baby. The biggest gap before this is almost exactly 2 years between Sydney and RJ. They don't get along, but then again Sydney doesn't get along with anyone.

April 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
DS and baby girl will be about 2 years and 4 months apart and i'm hoping it'll be a good age gap. We want 3 kids and i would like them to be somwhat evenly spaced to avoid having a "baby" of the family and so hopefully they can all play well together. I also am one who would prefer to get the baby stage out of the way all at once and move on.. that might sound bad, haha. What i mean is I love having a baby around but it also limits a lot and is difficult in many ways so i think it'll be nice to have them all around the same age at the same time. But then i think about trying for another one when this baby is 18 months or so and i'm not sure i'll be able to handle it!! haha, guess we'll see when the time comes

All 4 of my brothers are 2 years apart, but Grant (the youngest) will always be "the baby" of the family!! lol I don't know if there is any way around that!

April 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure if we'll have any more kids. My SD is 10 and this is our first together. DH is perfectly content with having just 2 kids. And I might be okay with just having 1 of my own. But I'm not 100% sure of that. We'll see how I feel in a year or two.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, I have no idea. This baby was a complete surprise for both of us. We were going to wait until we were married for a year to actively try. But, as things would have it, we got our little guy 1 1/2 months after being married.

I am so thankful that we are as blessed as we were to be able to get pregnant so quickly. But I think I want to give myself a little bit of time between this one and the next

Ashley
Ashley
April 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was 3 months when I got pregnant with this one. Since I had hyperemesis with both I will be getting an IUD and be done with babies (god willing) for a couple years.

I would like to have 4. It depends on my health, money, and what we both feel we can handle as we keep adding.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search