Infantino Infant Carrier $7.99/free shipping

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 4 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 1 Post By 2Reasons2Smile

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This isn't an Ergo but it is an infant carrier

It is $7.99/ free shipping.

Infantino Baby Carrier $7.99 + FREE Shipping

I never wore any of my babies but I really want to this time. Anyone have any experience with the brand Infantino?

April 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
That carrier is super uncomfortable and what is considered a crotch dangler it does not support babies legs properly and can be bad for babies hips. Once I am actually on my computer instead of phone I will post a link describing the crotch dangler term and how the carriers affect babies hips.
MJTKNT, Kaema and Brannyt like this.
April 25th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thank you! No wonder it cost so little then! Thankfully I was waiting for some feedback before ordering! I do not want anything that is going to be uncomfortable and bad for my baby!! This will be the first time I ever wore any of my babies so I am a total newb in that department

April 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
ok here is a pic of what I was talking about

Image from the International Hip Dysplasia Institute showing the importance of using a carrier that places a baby in a seated position, not hanging by their crotch. There are plenty of carriers that place baby in the correct position, including but not limited to Ergo, Boba, Beco, Olives & Applesauce and Babyhawk, as well as wraps and ring slings when used correctly. Baby Bjorn and Infantino front packs are of the first type in this image that is not recommended.

When I was saying the carrier is uncomfortable I meant moreso for mom/baby wearer than baby but looking at the pics I would say baby doesn't look so comfortable either.

I hope that helps.
momma_d, Kaema, mnmstone and 1 others like this.
April 25th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Oh another no no is having baby facing outwards in any type of carrier they should always be facing you in a carrier and when baby is on your front side you need to be able to kiss the top of babies head while in the carrier.

here is a link that compares the different carriers out there. The Portable Baby - Baby/Toddler Carriers - Feature Comparison Chart

I have lucked out as I have found a local group of ladies who all baby wear and they have 2 meetings a month for anyone who wants to try out new carriers get advice etc.. so maybe see if you can find a FB group from your area or something like that. I found the one I am a part of from a buy sell group randomly around when I found out I was pregnant another great thing about the group is sometimes ppl are selling their old wraps, slings and carriers for cheaper and they are still in amazing shape.

If you have any other questions just post and ask I will help as I can and I know our other baby wearing mamas will help if they can too.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.
April 25th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Thank you!!! I appreciate the information and the links as well!!! Those pictures show a very big difference; the carrier in the first picture looks very uncomfortable. Wow.

I will definitely invest in a decent carrier

April 26th, 2012, 07:04 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I really liked a moby wrap for the first 6 months at least. You are in charge of how you make the "seat" and it I've seen it used sometimes where it looks terribly narrow and uncomfortable for the baby. But that doesn't mean you can't use it with the wide seat, it just means you are in control of it. My moby was my best friend for my 3rd boy with colic. I would wear him for 8hrs a day sometimes because it was the only thing that would decrease his crying and I actually was able to sort of get something done while bounce-walking-patt-patt-patting him in the moby.

After that an Ergo is very comfortable but rather "strappy" if that makes any sense. Lots of little things hanging off. I wish it wasn't so expensive!
April 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
I was going to second the Ergo. It is crazy comfortable! My favorite is a maya wrap, but it's a ring sling and those are not for everyone.
April 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Good to know! I had registered for the Baby Bjorn, but just switched it to the Ergo!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YES! I had an infantino carrier with DD because I didn't know any better and I HATED it with a passion. Worst thing EVER!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search