Circ decision made- not a debate!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Super Mommy
Let me preface this by saying that I would not judge someone else for making a different decision for their family.
I've never been 100% sold on circumcision, but my husband was and he's very traditional and not prone to having his mind changed. I had hoped to avoid the whole issue by having nothing but girls!
During this pregnancy, I've been researching more about it, and I came to the decision that I really, really did not feel comfortable circumcising. On Monday when we found out we were having a boy, I asked DH if he would please just read some articles for me. He agreed, so I spent Tuesday finding the most fact-based articles I could find (the only way to convince him of anything), and before I went to PTA on Tuesday night, I told him they were waiting for him on the laptop. I didn't bring it up again.
Last night when he got home from work, he told me that he had been thinking about what he read, and he was ok with leaving our little boy intact. I was so happy I burst into tears at the dinner table! I knew it was important to me, but I didn't realize I felt that strongly! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, and I am walking around in a lovey-dovey daze that DH really thought about this, without me trying to strong arm him. I just had to share!
April 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great! I'm glad you guys were able to do some research and come to a decision together!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 26th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
That is great!! I am glad that you came to a decision together that you are both happy with!!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome, and after doing much research, also the decision we have come to. Leaving our son intact is the best thing we as his parents can do for him right now.
mommysoon likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad it worked out for you guys. For us it was easy as hubby isn't either and it isn't common practice here.
mommysoon likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy you came to a decision! We still haven't quite finalized a decision, but DH is inclined towards doing it.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
That's great you and DH were able to come to a decision together and DH was open to learning more.

We will be circumsizing our boy. DH is, and would like his son to be. I'm okay either way. Both of my little brothers were not, and they've told my mom they wish she had pushed their dad to let her do it.

But it's a personal decision for each set of parents to make

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Super Mommy
I had a friend who was seriously depressed and self conscious because he was not and ended up getting it done when he was 20. He said it was the most painful thing he'd ever gone through, and blamed his parents for not doing it when he was first born. My sister's husband isn't either, and she told me he struggled with it for a long time too, and will 100 % have it done if they have a boy. The bible says its safest to do it on day 8. That's when they can fight infection the best. I will have my son circumcised on that day. I would hate to not do it for selfish reasons, and have my son have ill feelings towards me later.
April 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTheRain View Post
I had a friend who was seriously depressed and self conscious because he was not and ended up getting it done when he was 20. He said it was the most painful thing he'd ever gone through, and blamed his parents for not doing it when he was first born. My sister's husband isn't either, and she told me he struggled with it for a long time too, and will 100 % have it done if they have a boy. The bible says its safest to do it on day 8. That's when they can fight infection the best. I will have my son circumcised on that day. I would hate to not do it for selfish reasons, and have my son have ill feelings towards me later.
Like I said, I'm not judging anyone else for making a different decision for their family, and I would hope I would get the same respect from everyone else. I don't see anything selfish about our decision.
April 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DITTO. This is a very personal decision.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
April 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck to you and your family! I really hope and pray he is comfortable with it, and has no concerns, nor does the woman he chooses. Its not my place to judge you. I wish you all the best!
April 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you and DH made a decision, and that he "sided" with you so easily I hate it when DH and I are having discussions and we are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Seems like someone always loses!

As for us, we will be circumsizing Jordan. I never thought of NOT doing it, and when I brought the topic up with DH he agreed that he wanted our boys to have it done, just like he does. Just our personal choice

April 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I'm glad you & your husband were able to come to a decision together! It's one of the hardest ones to make for some couples.

You should NOT , as a parent, make a decision this personal/serious based on what some future female will think about his penis. If some woman is not ok with it, it's her problem.
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the no judging! If we ever have a boy, we will circ.

I honestly think it is SO awesome that your DH took you're feelings so seriously and did the research on his own. I LOVE that when men are willing to do that for their women and families!
mommysoon likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Glad you and DH made a decision, and that he "sided" with you so easily I hate it when DH and I are having discussions and we are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Seems like someone always loses!
This! I never feel good about something if we're of such opposite opinions that there's not so much "compromise" as "someone giving up to save the peace." So grateful that didn't happen this time!
April 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
I didnt mean to upset anyone. I just personally saw my friend struggling with it so much, and I hurt for him. But it is your babies and your choices. I'm sorry if I came off too harsh. I do love you girls.
CaliMommy likes this.
April 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
Glad you were able to come to the decision together! It's a very personal decision.

My son was done in the room next door to me at around 24hours old and didn't make one sound, We plan to have this baby done as well.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
April 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so great you were able to come to a decision together. And great that he was willing to read the info that's out there.

We're 99% sure we're not going to circ but there's a part of me that questions our decision and I guess we'll see how we feel about it when he gets here.

April 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you were able to come up with the best decision for your family. How great that your DH was willing to be open to your feelings! DS is circ. and i now wish we hadn't.. but i feel obligated to with any future boys since we already did with him. I'm just relieved this baby is a girl so i didn't have to conquer that!

April 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to get some of those decision making vibes over this way We're still torn. I'm still gathering medical documents and journals (not just personal experiences) and trying to educate my DH on the pros-cons. I will have to admit it is a topic I have been trying to avoid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search