Cute boy clothes?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
Ok ladies, one of the things I'm having a hard time with about having a boy is clothes. I'm pretty particular about the girls' clothes (not brands, just that I know what I like- no neon, no words, generally no characters/pictures, etc) and for boys, I'm lost. Everything I see for boys has trucks or dinosaurs on it. Does anyone have any favorite places to get boy stuff?

(Btw, I finally went through all the girl clothes I was saving and managed to pull out a few gender neutral items. Out of literally hundreds, possibly 1000+ items, maybe 8 white, yellow, or green onsies! )
April 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have a hard time shopping for my boys... the selection just isn't there...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 27th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm worried about that too because having a girl first I realized how stinkin' cute their clothes are! I hope I find cute things

I too went through a few totes of Bella's clothes and was able to find a few jammies and sleep sacks that were gender neutral or boyish.

April 27th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's true that the selection is much smaller. Once you figure out the style baby boy clothes you like, you will have a much easier time finding that style. I mostly opted for tiny versions of "man" clothes. LOl. For example, little polo shirts and things daddy would wear but in baby sizes
LovesTheRain likes this.

April 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I've been looking around and haven't found much I like. Hopefully the fall stuff will be cute.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
April 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way. I like traditional prints and styles. Dislike the monster trucks and airplanes etc. I've found that Gymboree/ crazy8s are great for nice simple styles and decently affordable. Alternatively JCPenny's has a nice selection with their American Living line. I've been buying here and there since we found out we were having a boy and man is it a PITA compared to the girls!!
April 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Carters for both boys and girls but I know sometimes they are too "cutesy"... I really like how comfortable they are and without tags.
April 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried Carters and Khols? Growing up with 4 brothers I remember they trashed all of their clothes anyways-- and still do!! lol

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
That's something else- I love to shop at consignment sales, but it's a lot harderto find things for boys because they are so rough on their clothes.
April 27th, 2012, 09:55 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Carters, OshKosh, and Children's Place have a lot of really affordable, awesome things for boys! I prefer to stay with polo style shirts, khaki shorts, and jean and khaki pants. I always got so many compliments on how DH and I dressed our boys, LOL. They always looked "nice" without it costing a lot.
LovesTheRain likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; April 27th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
April 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I can't help because I think the trucks and monsters are cute

April 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted about this not long ago. I'm finding OshKosh, Gap, Gymboree, and Carters to have the cutest stuff. I've got most of what we have via facebook yardsales and have been really picky with what I get. I know we'll get tons at our baby showers and probably quite a bit we won't love. But our babies tend to live in sleepers and onesies with comfy pants most of the time lol

April 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having the exact same issue!!!! I am picky as well but also not about brands...but I dont like charecter clothing or overly cutsie things- no sailboats, trucks, cars ect...that combined with the fact that there are already way more girl things available than boy things means it's tough to pick things out.
I have found that Carters and Sears had some cute things.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not very helpful either i love dinosaurs and what not. For plain Carters is a good option.

April 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually I find it way easier to shop for my boys that my daughter..I like all the little boys shirts..I love prints..but with girls..everything has some stupid little princess on it..ugh..LOL..Im hoping for team pink this time just to save me some hassle as she'd be born the same month as my daughter was so I won't have to buy her all new stuff..LOL

April 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I do not like 'character' clothing either. Hanna Andersson do some sweet plane things. http://www.hannaandersson.com

April 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Carters, OshKosh, and Children's Place have a lot of really affordable, awesome things for boys! I prefer to stay with polo style shirts, khaki shorts, and jean and khaki pants. I always got so many compliments on how DH and I dressed our boys, LOL. They always looked "nice" without it costing a lot.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Children's Place!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search