what to do about EDD?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kierasmom
  • 1 Post By palmetto_moon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so even after explaining that I had long cycles and not being exactly sure on the day of my LMP, and doing the math backwards from when I thought I O'ed they are still using their dumb pregnancy wheel of doom.

It isn't such a big deal, since it is only 2 day different than the dating scan. But it will make a world of difference in my VBAC if they start getting antsy. I wanted to give myself the extra 2 days, but they are saying I am 2 days a head.

should I change it?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I would push to given your circumstances. If the dr's on-board with your VBAC, I can't imagine he'd not understand your reasoning. My MW has always been flexible on moving the pregnancy wheel date for girls who know they O'd on a different day than CD14.

Did you have an early dating U/S? I can't remember. If so, did it correlate with what you think your O day was? If you did and all the days line up to what you know they should be, I can't imagine them not changing you. You mentioned that the baby was measuring slightly smaller. That may also account for why. I'd use that info to push your point of changing your EDD.

My dating U/S at 9wks, thankfully, put me at exactly the same gestational age that correlated with the day I knew I O'd, so my MW gladly moved my EDD.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I had my dating scan at what I thought was 8weeks on the dot, but I wasn't charting due to making an emergency trip across the country. My O date was based on CM and CP.

the u/s put baby 2 days behind that.

the most recent u/s I think showed baby measuring 19w1d (at least that is on the picture thing they gave me) So going according to "LMP" baby is measuring over a week behind. but it would only be like 5 days behind if they went with the dating scan.

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I see. I'd probably push for them to go off that first one at least that was 2 days behind what you thought!!! I hope they work with you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked my OB & nurse about this too because I am positive of when I O'ed. Not only because of my symptoms but also because DH was out of town working and we were visiting him, and then didn't see him for another week after that, so it's impossible that I actually got pregnant on CD 14 lol!

They won't change anything unless I measure ahead at my 20 week u/s though. Which, I highly doubt that will happen but who knows.

They also have my DD set in my chart as Sept 30th, which is also wrong even if I went by by LMP, but that is because the nurse is an old lady and messed it up and said they really don't go by Due Dates so much in the office anyways since it is more of a guess regardless. I'm not getting hung up on it.

I would say in your case if it were more than 2 days to definitely push, but if it's only 2 days I wouldn't stress too much about it, especially since your Dr. already supports you in your VBAC anyhow!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its common practice for doctors to use the wheel and unless the ultrasound shows a huge difference of more than a week they don't usually change it(this was explained to me at all 3 of my big ultrasounds so far)..2 days doesnt make all that much difference and out of curiosity how would it affect your vbac? Are they afraid you'll go post dates or something?

April 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
oh yes, If I go to 40 weeks by their date they will start getting ansty.

I'm still not sure this office actually "supports" a vbac, they can't remember or read the chart from one visit to the next to see if I am a midwife patient or an OB patient.

I know they are going to be difficult as it gets closer to going over due. Especially since my BP isn't so great.

April 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I asked my Dr about it and he said he just splits the difference, so for you that would only be a day different. I could see 1-2 days being no big deal. 7-10 would become one only near the end. Seems tricky.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry I know how stressful this can be. I would insist on getting those 2 days. You know better than anyone when you were fertile. if they will not accept it I would consider finding another health care provider. maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and you will find someone you are even more comfortable with and more vbac supportive. Did you vbac with this group before?

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
April 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. Even with you being a vbac patient. They can't force you into anything, so if the times comes when they are trying to push things on you just ignore them for the few extra days. My Ob has my dd on the 16th, but my dating ultrasound said the 12th. I decided to go with the 14th because that is where is should be based off of my ovulation. My dh was trying to get me to have the Ob change it in their file, but really what does it matter? It is just a guess anyway. If they knew when the baby was really supposed to be here then they would give you a birth date.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I know my dr said they don't normally change the DD unless it's a week off. I don't know why they wouldn't just go based off the scan since it's the most accurate.

April 27th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok..LOL..I was a bit confused..well in your last few weeks there are things you can do as Im sure you know to ready yourself for labor..When i knew I was going to have to be induced with my daughter due to obstetric cholestasis I wanted to make sure my body was ready for labor so I started drinking raspberry leaf tea in my last 6 weeks(it was ok'd by my doc) and I also took evening primrose oil orally and rubbed it on my cervix to help ripen it..It worked and I progressed very well on my own..I know a lot of time before we've got to think about labor but Im constantly researching things..LOL

April 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They go by the wheel here too. It doesn't matter what the dating U/S was or what not. Every time I go in they have a different G/A for me. I know I will end up induced early but the big deal for me comes when we're splitting hairs in regards to gestational need for an amnio. I'd rather AVOID that this time if possible but depending on the circumstances and gestational age i'd have to get another. So the few days they are off could make a big difference :/ I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point rather when the time gets closer
April 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I don't think 2 days is going to make that much of a difference. I wouldn't worry about it. Just remember that you don't have to agree to anything you don't want.
3Sapphires likes this.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
April 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor went by my dating ultrasound. When I had my 12 week ultrasound I was measuring 6 days ahead. She said she was going to switch my due date, but at my last appt, my paperwork still said the original date. So, I keep saying I am due the first week of September.. I think of you are worried, mention your concerns. I am sure that they will understand especially since you are going for vbac. I have nooo idea if two days will make a huge difference. But, if it becomes a problem later on, you might regret you didn't mention it.

Ashley
Ashley
April 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just ask them to note in your chart that you believe you are a couple days behind. And have a talk with the doctor about it and tell him it's okay with you if they leave it set at the EDD they have but IF you approach that 40 week date, you want to make sure that he knows you won't consider yourself term until 40 plus 2.
3Sapphires likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search