I have my ultrasound on Monday and I'm really nervous (long and whiny, sorry!)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 02:34 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not looking forward to it as much as I probably should. The reasons:

- I had heavy bleeding early in the pregnancy and the OB said I had a SCH. The bleeding eventually stopped, but they never did another ultrasound to see if it had shrunk or disappeared. But they did scare me and tell me that if it was still there by 20 weeks it could cause premature labour and other problems. So I've been worrying since 8 weeks that it's still there but they wouldn't check and put my mind at rest. So I think I'm worried they're going to tell me it's still there.

- I'm older (35) and I didn't have any of the extra testing done, because my dh said he didn't want me to. Now I'm feeling like I'm going to get a horrible surprise at the u/s and that they will find something wrong.

- I have been taking sleep meds throughout the first and second trimester. I have chronic insomnia and I just can't function without them. The OB said they were 'probably' ok, but I still worry...

- My baby hardly ever moves. I feel it for about an hour a day, but even then it's very light taps, and hasn't increased in intensity since I first felt movement, which was weeks ago. I'm sure my others moved much more by now (almost 22 weeks)

- My dh is in Germany and can't come to the u/s with me, so if anything is wrong I will be alone.

- And lastly, I am just a major worry wart by nature anyway.

I've had three miscarriages so I know things can and do go wrong. I just can't shake this feeling of 'doom' if that makes sense!

If you read all that, thank you! I guess I just needed to get that all out to someone

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhh, I understand ultrasound anxiety. Somehow, after having miscarriages, espicially those which are diagnosed or confirmed thru ultrasound, just a little bit of the joy is permanently sapped out of getting ready to go to any future ultrasounds. Your mind is all too aware that not all u/s turn out swimmingly and that bad things happen to real, live people. It makes us over scrutenize each and every symptom or lack thereof.
I know its easier said than done but I would try to sit back and relax. Remember that you have no reason NOT to believe everything in there is fine. At 21 weeks, its not unusual that baby's movements feel more like little taps. Mine still feel that way too and I am also 21 weeks. At this stage, I think its more important that you feel it period. I think things are just fine. Usually, by this point in pregnancy, if something were wrong, you'd have some sort of clue by now...if you are feeling movement, even if its not a ton, I'd say you are fine.
Can't wait to hear about how it goes Monday.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you have all of these things going against you in this pregnancy. From all the things mentioned you have every right to worry. Personally I would shrug them all off and hope for the best as it's what I always do anyway. Hopefully on Monday you'll get a great surprise with a happy and healthy baby. <333

April 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly Ive been having similar feelings of anxiety because of my stupid liver..LOL..I hope everything looks ok for you at the big US..

April 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been feeling the same way anxiety wise I have my ultrasound on Friday and all I want to see is a healthy baby that is growing and out of the teens percentile wise.

April 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first of all HUGS!! Second I will share a super personal thing, I am NOT one to be emotional but i find myself in hysterics every car ride to an ultrasound. We had a 2nd tri loss and no matter if I can feel him kicking on the ride over I'm still so paranoid dreading they will find something horrible. It's natural. totally NORMAL!!! I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby!!!!!!!!
April 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the same worrying until I got my anatomy u/s. I was so relieved. I too was diagnosed with SCH at 10 weeks and the doctor made me wait until my Anatomy u/s to find out the status of that. Thankfully it was gone. And most commonly it does disappear in early pregnancy. I know many women who have given birth much older than you and the babies have all been very healthy! That too is what most commonly happens Your baby's movement is completely normal for gestation and at this point you have absolutely nothing to worry about there! Sorry your DH wont be able to join you for the u/s. I don't think you have absolutely anything to worry about, but that is what mommies do best!

I can't wait to hear your update and see pics of your precious baby!!

April 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Hugs I can fully understand your anxiety you have been through alot already with this pregnancy already. I don't know if this will help make you feel better but I was taking sleeping pills for the 1st 6 weeks of this pregnancy and all was ok with my u/s. As for baby kicking I am almost 21 weeks and baby girl is a softy compared to my older two when I was pregnant with them and she does not have her placenta on the front side of my uterus it is at my back. I am sorry your dh can't make it to the u/s (mine couldn't either so I know the feeling).

I will be thinking of you.
April 28th, 2012, 01:31 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thank you all for your reassurance i will update after my u/s and try to post some pics.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 28th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I agree with everyone else. It's normal to worry after a history of losses like a few of us on here have. I was a wreck before every ultrasound and appointment so far and I still get anxiety over not feeling the movement as strong as I think I should or over different pains and aches.
I'm sure the baby's okay! Looking forward to seeing your post on Monday!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search