The great name debate...again!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Why am I still having issues with this?..I can't seem to settle on a girl name..Originally I had just decided to use Ivy because it was on my list of contenders when I had my daughter..Then the whole Blue Ivy Carter thing just really turned me off but I hadnt given anything else any thought..I did have another name chosen when I had my daughter in sept..but it was never an option because heaven forbid anyone not like it..ugh.. I talked to my husband about it last night and surprisingly he didnt disagree that it would be ok and even cute to name a little girl "Matilda"..Yes you read that right..Im aware its a character from a very popular childrens book(thats actually where I first heard it and fell in love with it instantly)..If you were a 14 yr old girl..would you hate your parents forever for giving you this name?

April 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
I like it! She could always go by Mattie as a nickname. It's right up my alley because I like names that are easily recognizable but not on any top 20 (or 50!) lists. You could give her a more "common" middle name if you are worried about it, and she could always go by that later if she wants.
April 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should always go with what you and DH likes! My mind does go straight to the movie, you just have to decide if you are okay with that association or not! The first thing that came to mind for me also was the nickname "Mattie"! Don't worry about wether or not other people will like it, if you guys both love the name I say use it!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i like Matilda and there probably won't be five others in her class when she starts school

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
I like Matilda too! But I think if you still like Ivy don't rule it out because of the Blue Ivy stuff either.

April 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think its very cute!!
April 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly the longer I sit on the the less I like Ivy..LOL..Im thinking we are going with Matilda if we have a girl..Thx girls

April 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I like Matilda. It is very familiar to me being an Australian

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's cute.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like Matilda I think it's cute. I do think of the book but it's a good story and a cute movie, so I wouldn't be put off by that.

I also like Minerva hahaa purely for the sake of using Minnie but we won't get to use it ever lol.

April 29th, 2012, 06:48 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Love Matilda in my oldest sons pr there is a Matilda (she is a sweetie too)
April 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There was a mom in the April 2010 DDC that named her little girl Matilda. The baby was so cute too! I think its a fine name. Almost all names have an association with something or someone or at least have the potential to....I don't think that the children's book series is a bad association. I think the name is fine.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks tons girls..I think Im overthinking this because there is still a 50 percent chance the baby is a boy..LOL..but I already love my boys name..and I do love Matilda..so its settled..if we have a boy He'll Be Jude Michael and if we have a girl Matilda Jo..Jo is my mother in laws middle name..LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search