Can I poke my head in and be an honorary Owl?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know a fairly large number of women in this group including my best friend. A short version about me is that we have been infertile for five years and have attempted IVF and are now proceeding with Adoption. We are potentially matched with a young girl. At this point if things continue then we may be parents in the next few months. I am posting here because I know some
of the social group here but are due date is actually in July. So I thought I might just post a little mini introduction and then lurk in the background for a little bit so in case we do end up becoming parents in couple of weeks I will already have a group of girls as a support network. I've wanted it to be in a DDC since I came to JM back in 2006 and infertility has kind of robbed that experience from me. Lurking in the past has been what I've done but this may be the closest I ever get to joining an actual group

I'm going to cross post this in July because her due date is actually in July and I may just lurking both groups for little bit. Thanks you guys!

Last edited by Lash; April 28th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
April 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome!!! So excited you may be joining us (been following on facebook). Feel free to join in wherever!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Wishing you the best of luck that everything works out for you!! Glad to have you join us!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We are most definitely glad to have you Lauren! Welcome! (I remember you from back in the day on WTTC).

So pleased to hear you have a potential match already sweetie and we will be here for you on your journey, no matter what. There are several ladies here straddling July and August so you are not alone!

In case you don't remember me, I'm Sharron, 36, and mummy to Daniel aged 5 from the UK. When I knew you on WTTC I was still with my ex, Daniel's daddy. Then I had a break because we split up and I had no idea if or when I would ever TTC again. I'm now with my soulmate and pregnant with #2.

April 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'll be hoping that everything works out with the adoption. How very exciting! Welcome to the board.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Bumping for more ladies to welcome you.

April 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
PamelaM826's Avatar Veteran
I will keep you in my prayers for a smooth adoption and delivery
April 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOOOOHOOO! I'm sooo excited to see you posting in a DDC and even more excited to see you posting in a DDC WITH ME!!!

I met Lauren on WTTC back in 06 and we bonded over twilight... she lives several states away from me but we met up and flew to Seattle and went to Forks with our husbands! She came to my wedding, I've been to her house, we have flown back and forth hanging out (including a second trip to Forks just this past March!) and she's my best friend. Its amazing the friendships that can be created and maintained thanks to JM.

So I can't tell ya'll how excited I am that she and her husband will FINALLY be parents and my whole family is praying t hat this works out best for everyone involved!

here are some pics of us over the years, just for fun

her with Tiny Lily:

and last month Lauren saved me from near death when my pregnant arse nearly rolled backwards down this cliff:

April 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Your preggo clumsy butt almost went off the cliff!!!!!

April 28th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I am loving all those happy memories for you guys!

April 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
So unbelievably happy to see you finally posting in a DDC!!!! I cannot wait until you have that little girl in your arms!

April 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Its hard to not let myself get too excited...

I'll try to post more of my story and start in some threads even though I'm not an official member

April 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
You're a member as far as we're concerned. Whatever happens, it's your journey, and you are welcome to share it here. Look forward to hearing more!
HippieLove likes this.

April 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
OMG Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEKKKKKK I'm so happy that things are progressing this well for you two. I'm so thrilled to have you be a part of this group. I now have some happy tears in my eyes.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
emeraldeyedimp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Jump right in. I really hope that everything with the adoption works for you guys.

Thanks to Jaques for the super cute siggy. Marshall is loving being paired with Hannah, she is super sweet.
April 28th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG, I'm so excited to see you here! Loving having all these WTTC girls in this DDC
April 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! I have everything crossed that the adoption works out for you!!!
April 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I hope everything works out for you! Jump right in
April 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys, I really feel so welcomed!!

I'm going to start posting in a few threads and get to know you guys (or I guess really let you know me!)

April 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Welcome Lauren, I recognize your face from the Heated Debates board, not that i post there but I read sometimes Of course you are welcome here, we have quite a few of mamas due in July anyway (including myself), so if your baby is a July one you are very much welcome here too. I had liked your facebook page when Shannon posted it, so I'm really excited to read this, Congratulations

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Tags
adoption

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search