Can I poke my head in and post for a bit?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello all! I wanted to post a short introduction and see if it was okay for me to lurk and post for a little bit. A short version about me is that we have been infertile for five years and have attempted IVF and now proceeding with Adoption. We are potentially matched with a young girl. At this point if things continue then we may be parents in the next few months. So I thought I might just post a little mini introduction and then lurk in the background for a little bit so in case we do end up becoming parents in couple of weeks I will already have a group of girls as a support network.

I've wanted it to be in a DDC since I came to JM back in 2006 and infertility has kind of robbed that experience from me. Lurking in the past has been what I've done but this may be the closest I ever get to joining an actual group. I'm not going to allow in fertility to rob me of the social support I know that I'm going to need if we have a newborn. So I'm taking a leap and posting in a DDC so that as I have the baby I will already at least be a sort of member in a PR. I'll need the help!!
one.juniper likes this.

April 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Veteran
Welcome
April 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
~*Amy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Jump right in, and what an exciting time for you! I'm Amy, mom to dd Hannah (7), dd Rowan (4), and another baby girl who will debut on June 29th.

Thank you cavewoman for my amazing siggie!!

Please don't mention on FB!
2 Angels in Heaven...Always remembered
Wanna go to Florida?>>>> MY FLORIDA GETAWAY
April 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wish you the best luck with your adoption process, and welcome.Im Kris, mom to C, married to John
April 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
A very warm welcome!!! You're going to be a mother soon if all goes well, even that's not accomplished by your own pregnancy, so of course you can join us!! I'm Lucia and I have 2 girls: Anna and Josephine who seem very big suddenly when compared with a new baby that will soon join us 28 weeks pregnant today!!!

Johanna Helena Sophia - Anna (25th of June, 2004)
Josephine Zara Emilie - Josephine (18th of December, 2007)

And pregnant!!:

April 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! Congratulations on becoming a mommy really soon. I will keep you in my T&P for the next couple of months! You must be freaking out just like the rest of us with all the upcoming changes.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
April 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Please join in! We were looking into adoption and support is essential!
I hope the process is smooth!

April 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Veteran
Welcome!!!!!! Good Luck with the adoption process.. I hope it all works out for you!
April 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Expecting # 1

Hi Lash. You can do more than just poke your head in. No one bites in here.
Oh, I'm Cindy, due at the beginning of July with our first, a girl.
April 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I figured I'd post a bit more now that I'm home from work. I am also posting in August DDC because my best friend and some other of my old JM friends are all in there, so I'm just spreading the love!

At this point, as of today, we are definitely a match and it is planned for us to adopt this little girl. We're letting ourselves get excited about it because some of my adoption friends all say that they wish they'd let themselves embrace it more instead of letting fear keep you too cautious and afraid. I'd rather be excited and then disappointed in the end than guarded and too distant.

We've been at this for years and years and I almost can't believe that it's real, as if it was never meant for us
*Melissa* likes this.

April 28th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! That is so exciting for you! I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. I'm Courtney, due July 3rd with my 4th...

April 29th, 2012, 03:19 AM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
Welcome Lash!!! I'm Kimberly Due July 2nd with our first LO. I agree with your friends from the adoptive groups that you do need to allow yourself to get excited. I have been wanting a baby/TTC for about 12 years now. I personally know in my situation that everything happens for a reason as I was in a pretty bad prev. relationship and having a child would have made the split even worse. However, I am in a wonderful relationship now, and I spent the first 4-5 months freaking out over every little thing and worrying that I might lose the baby since it was something I wanted so badly. I kinda feel like I missed out on some of the "excitement" that should have been there. So I totally understand the getting excited thing, it is an exciting time and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts & Prayers that everything goes smoothly for ya!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

April 29th, 2012, 07:28 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Welcome and sending you so many positive thoughts that all go just as they are meant to go!!!! How exciting and scary at the same time! Much love to you and your husband and to this young lady that will be giving you the best gift you could ever hope for!!!!
April 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!! How exciting I can't wait to hear more about your journey and look forward to getting to know you!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

April 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Welcome and how exciting about your adoption! I am sorry that you have struggled with infertility, but I have no doubt that when you hold that little one, it will all seem like a distant memory. I feel like I semi know you already because I lurk in the debates forum which you frequent and I would never go up against you in a debate

April 30th, 2012, 10:20 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
Congrats and welcome!

April 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystixism View Post
Welcome and how exciting about your adoption! I am sorry that you have struggled with infertility, but I have no doubt that when you hold that little one, it will all seem like a distant memory. I feel like I semi know you already because I lurk in the debates forum which you frequent and I would never go up against you in a debate

I know, it's so funny when we all run into each other all over JM and we kinda already know each other. It's like when you know someone from Facebook but never met them in real life? I'll be less "debatey" here! I think I just invented a word.

May 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea that you were matched up!!!!!!!!!!! I usually follow your blog, but maybe I missed the one where you posted this good news????

I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I think it's a great idea for you to join the DDC!! WELCOME!!!!!
May 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Welcome!!
May 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
We haven't gone super public yet, since are still in talks but we met today in person and it seems a bit more solidified, so I think it's at the stage where I"ll at least put it on my jumpovertherainbow blog

I've gone a bit silent for a bit just letting it all get sorted out and to let us know each other more, but I think we're at the point of letting people actually know it's happening now. I just can't believe it!!!!

But no you didn't miss the update, this is the first place I"ve really talked about it

And it's only been around 2 weeks, so it's been hush hush for a bit!
*Melissa* likes this.

Tags
adoption

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search