When you were younger...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What age did you think you'd be approximately when having your first and last babies?

Were you right?

April 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I always said I wanted to be married & done having kids by the time I was 25. I got married at 18. At 20 DH told me he wanted to do a "5 year plan". . . So I wouldn't have my first until I wanted to be done. Well a month before I turned 21 was when we were surprised with our first pregnancy. I will be turning 24 the month I have Adalyn - And she's our last. So it all worked out

April 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
PamelaM826's Avatar Veteran
I thought I'd be a mom by 21 & be done by 25..at 29 I had my first & now I'm 30 & still going lol.
April 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
No and no. I never pictured I would have had my first at 19. I had always said I would be done by the time I hit 30. I did have what I thought would be my last child at 28 when I had Kevin, but Ethan changed my plans.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
emeraldeyedimp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember when I was really younger, when I was around 17 and with my ex-husband I wanted to get married and have kids right after HS, but before that I don't remember but at one point I didn't want any.

I always wanted to be done by turning 30 and I will be still 30 for a couple months when this kiddo is born so I guess I was right about that.

Thanks to Jaques for the super cute siggy. Marshall is loving being paired with Hannah, she is super sweet.
April 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Never, I had never actually wanted kids.

I thought for a brief period in time that I wanted to be a mom as a teenager so that I wouldn't have to deal with my parents anymore. But I had dreams of college and travelling the world.

Who knew that getting pregnant as a teenager would be the way that I got to live out most of my dreams. Funny how life works out.

Scarlett Diane

April 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. I never, ever wanted children. Ever. My mom died thinking she would never be a grandma. When I turned 25 and got married, that's when my mind almost immediately changed. I can't say why, but I really want to be a mommy.

My friends from high school are still quite a bit shocked because I was very adamant about not having kids. To be honest, I am still not a fan of other people's children. I'm not the one to fawn over a newborn. (I think most are quite unattractive and am prepared to think my own is ugly too, but I really hope that's not the case. lol) I don't have that, "AWWWWWWWWWWW, look it's a cute kid" gene. I do have the AWWWWWWW puppy and kitten genes though. Is that weird? lol
April 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I've had many thoughts about having kids. When I was a kid I just assumed I'd have kids in my early twenties like my mom did. But after we got married life was much harder than expected and things just never seemed to go the right way. For a long time we talked about never having kids at all. I never expected to be having kids in my late 30;s let alone 3 of them.
April 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was really young and would play house with friends etc I always envisioned 23/24 and it worked out that way too.

April 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I was hoping never to have a baby. I was wrong. I had made it all this time without having gotten pregnant and needing to decide.
April 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always thought I'd have my first baby at 27 and second at 29. I wanted to be done by 30. This would have worked out if we hadn't lost our first baby... but I wasn't far off, i've only just turned 30!
April 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
What age did you think you'd be approximately when having your first and last babies? I figured mid-20s since I knew I wanted to go to university and get my accounting designation (approx 7-8 years schooling after highschool). I wanted to be done by 30.

Were you right? For starting yes, but we're on the fence about having 2 or 3...the only way I'll have 3 before 30 is if the next ones are twins! I'm 27 now.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mom to Madeline
When I was a teenager, I figured around 21...lol. Then, once I started dating, etc...I thought sometime around 26. I was wrong...I'm now 29.

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search