How are your hips these days?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got cleared by my OB to do some light housework after sitting on my butt for two weeks. I tackled my daughters' bedroom and it was a terrible mess. I'm really paying for it, I knew my hips would be sore afterward but they feel like they're falling out of my body.

My body creates that hormone that allows your joints to separate for delivery too early and I should have known better than to spend that much time sitting on the floor cleaning. I thought I'd been lucky so far in that the separation hadn't happened yet but I have a feeling I just brought it on.

How about you? How are you hips and all your other joints?

April 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I have had issues with tailbone pain since my first son was born and it has been causing me a ton of issues lately and my back has been hurting hips so far have been ok for the most part. Sitting at my computer is killer at times.
April 30th, 2012, 04:57 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hips have been ok, but every once in a while I get a stabbing crotch pain! OMG it hurts!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Super Mommy
My left hip hurts a lot. Especially when I wake up. I don't remember it hurting with my first, but with my second, I felt like a marionette puppet from very early on!
April 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
My tailbone is the culprit, long walks are horrible and my desk chair is a nightmare. My hips get really bad when I am packing boxes though but I think it is all the bending then straightening up that makes it feel so sore.

April 30th, 2012, 07:29 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
My hips really are only sore after a long run or towards then end of the week after several days of running and working out. I have to stretch, stretch, stretch those babies out or they will stay sore for days. I also really focus on my hips during pregnancy, both stretching and strengthening, so it helps to mitigate it a little. I've just learned that there's no escaping some hip discomfort while pregnant for me.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get pelvic/groin pain really bad. I cannot spread my legs very far no matter what position I am in (even standing up) without pain. I am going to bring it up again at my next appointment. I have all of the signs and symptoms of SPD.

Pelvic pain (SPD)

It sounds like that could be what you have as well. Only my pain is centered in the groin area and yours in in your hips. The hormone relaxin is responsible. I have read that the only treatment are exercises and a support belt. Mine started at 16 weeks and has continued since, even getting worse. I am just hoping it doesn't continue to get worse.

April 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^Yep, I got the support belt and physical therapy during pregnancy with my girls but so far my OB hasn't recommended it. I think I'll mention it at my next appt that they're getting worse and see if she refers me out. I hate that belt. It's so ugly and uncomfortable. I love the PT though. The place I go to for it does half massage/half exercises.

The tailbone pain sounds horrible. I'm glad I don't have that issue too. Mine's just the hips right now.

May 1st, 2012, 12:18 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
my left hip always feels out of joint after being active. I work 12 hour nights and i'm fine... but once i get home and sit down, my hip screws up to the point i'm limping around the house.

May 1st, 2012, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my hips are good so far. Last pregnancy I ached so bad after getting up from sleeping (in the third trimester) but I'm hoping it was just my bed and we have a new one.

My back has been bothering me off and on though

May 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far i haven't had any hip pain.

May 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My hips are being weird this pregnancy. One day they are completely fine, and the next day I can hardly walk. I can't do all of my grocery shopping anymore without limping out of the store. It doesn't matter what I am doing my hips just hate me. My back has also been killing me, but surprisingly it is in the middle of my back not my lower back.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search