Decrease in movement

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I have not felt baby moving a lot in the last 24 hours. I used the doppler yesterday since I was concerned, and her heartbeat sounded good, but she's not doing her regular pattern. I have typical times of day and positions where she moves the most and she's not doing it then. I've gotten an occasional bump or nudge here or there but they are singular and hours apart. Last time was this morning, but again, two little bumps, that's it. DH keeps insisting she's fine, probably just turned around toward my back for a change, but I need more reassurance. You all experience this ever where baby is lazier one day and back to active the next? My last two pregnancies were so long ago I honestly don't remember whether I went through this with them or not.
April 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, this has happened this pregnancy. I too was thinking that it is because there is still plenty of room and the baby has lots of room to roll over and face the other direction. This baby definitely has days where she is more active than other days. This is one of those situations where the doppler is very handy. Everytime I use the doppler my baby starts kicking and moving. It actually makes me feel kind of bad because I read that dopplers emit a high frequency noise that the baby can hear. I don't want to scare my baby!! For that reason I use my doppler a lot less and only for about 30 seconds to a minute at a time.

April 30th, 2012, 07:50 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes.
for 2 days after my u/s baby was very active and moving A LOT - more than I had felt this entire pregnancy, now it is back to making me worry by not kicking hard enough for me to feel.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Veteran
Ok thanks girls, that makes me feel better. She did do a little more moving just a little bit ago. Not as hard as a few days ago, but more than yesterday. And I did have an ultrasound on Thursday and she was most active that day and the following. Weird. I never noticed that before.
April 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I think it totally depends how the baby is facing, and I think it is normal for there to be some variation. I will feel a baby for several days in a row, lots of times per day and then nothing for a few days.
April 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
very normal! I actually just read last night about this and it says that you probably won't notice movement as being consistent until about 24 weeks, and that the weeks 24-28 weeks are the most active period because that's when they still have a ton of room to move around.

I don't know how much I believe the 2nd part of that though, because I don't ever remember DD slowing down after 28 weeks in the womb at all, instead of it slowing down I just remember it getting more and more uncomfortable!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search