Cd'ing mommies to be?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know this topic has been flashed around a bit already..but I have no memory so..here we go again..Who here is planning on using cd's? What kinds? Have you used CD's on other babies? Im currently using cloth on my almost 8 month old daughter and loving it..Im using mostly prefolds and covers but have a few pockets(would love more but its not in the budget) and I recently started dabbling with flats..I can fold them and get them on my daughter ok..but we've had a few leaks..

April 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I did disposables for my first two and then met someone who did cloth and I had no idea it was so simple! So I dug right in head first and did cloth from the get go, just waiting for the circ to heal.

I sold EVERYTHING when we potty trained... but I just had a friend give me a bunch of hers so I won't need much more than a few things, and a couple wet bags.

On the pockets note - there are some super cheap ones I really LOVE. I use my own inserts because I've heard the insert portion isn't very good. But if you buy several at a time they range from $4-$6 each. For a pocket diaper!! Sunbaby Diapers Also they have way cute prints. They take a month to ship, straight from China in strange packaging, but they seem like they come from a reputable company and are well made. The inners on them are softer than BG. I've only been using mine for night time and only for a couple months for my 2 yr old Matthew, but they fit him well at the second to tightest setting. They are the size 1's but he is pretty darn skinny and tall.
April 30th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
We are doing it Lukas. I did sposies with my ds and then semi cloth with my dd. I love it! Right now I have a mix going on for my newborn stash. I have covers and prefolds, AIO, Pokets, AI2 etc. I should take a picture of our stash, such cute stuff!
April 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked at sunbabies when I had my DD but ended up with a stash of kawaii's..a few were lost to a melting accident...I have 3 that I actually know where they are..and a bunch that went missing when I moved..Hoping to find them because then I'll have 15 pockets..24 newborn prefolds..24 size one prefolds and several dozen econobum prefolds with a mix of about 21 different covers..

April 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do and will CD. We have Fuzzi bunz, kawaii, Prefolds with wool and a few PUL covers. I also have one itti bitti Tutto which is awesome for skinny babies.
I need to buy a new wet bag and my mom is sewing some fleece covers, but other that that I am ready!
April 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think theres any way for me to not be ready as my daughter is still using most of our diapers...LOL..I just need some newborn covers because I don't have any left.

April 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used prefolds and covers in size NB on my son. Everyone said that was a very good way to go. It wasn't for my super soaker. We still used the NB prefolds to stuff the pockets when he moved up to size Small. Than he moved into OS pockets. The OS pockets came with their own inserts. I have a few AIOs in various sizes scattered in.

The preemie dipes he has, and barely used because the hospital gave us so many sposies, were AIOs. Those worked well, of the times I did use them.

I'm getting rid of the NB prefolds and covers and replacing them with AIOs for this baby. I would love to try fitteds with wool covers for my son at nighttime but don't have the upfront cost right now. He blasts through everything at night, even two sposies over each other.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a part time CD mommy I used them for awhile with my son but then as he got older i got lazy and started back with disposables. I still have them and will most likely use them with baby girl at some point. I love Flips!

April 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We cloth DS. We mostly use fuzzibunz because I got a great stash on a deal website so they were $8 each!

I need some more smalls because we got most of those used and the elastic was shot.

I also have a couple of WAHM diapers but they no longer fit DS, but we will use them with the baby.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I will be using cloth. I was just given a huge stash of newborn diapers. I still have to go through them, and so far the only things I need to buy are some covers for the ones I was just given. The majority of the ones I have now are fuzzi bunz one size. My ds is still in them at the moment, but he will be potty training soon.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 1st, 2012, 01:09 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
you know i am

I have a little bit of everything. I'm generally a pocket mama though. Just bought some happy heiny minies

May 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive become addicted to cd's..LOL..I find myself shopping online for something new all the time..My little girl is just now growing into our kawaii pockets though and she's 8 months old already..LOL..My fave's by far have been our prefolds..Ive not had any major blowouts yet..I did try flats..and I found they don't hold in her poo very well..even when I do gusset the legs..Anyone with experience with that would be great..

May 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Krista. I lasted about 6 months with cloth. I had all sorts- but my favorites were my bum genius ones. I used sized ones in the beginning, and the os as he grew into them. I still have most of them, but sold about half. I may or may not do it again. I haven't decided. Depends on whether the washer and dryer make it upstairs before baby arrives or not.

May 1st, 2012, 12:03 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be CDing We CDd DD3 (wish I knew more about it when the big girls were babies). I have my newborn stash and covers and pfs for the next stage. I'm building a stash of OS pockets for later on but plan to use those only for DH.

There's a Facebook Co-op group I can link you to that does cloth diaper co-ops often including Sunbaby and Alva. I just ordered 6 from one of them and am waiting for more prints to be released to order more

Anyone want to share stash pics? I'll post mine later if you want to see.

May 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dabbled in CDing when DD was a baby. I started by trying out the gDiapers to kinda get me in the groove, and then transitioned into some BumGenius I had a couple AIOs and a pocket. Honestly I loved the simplicity of the AIOs but I feel like I can get the pockets cleaner since it all gets separated when it's washed!

I think I want some more BG's and I am thinking of trying some Flips or GroVias but I haven't really decided! I'd love to hear some light shed on this! I am all about EASY and SIMPLE and if it isn't simple, DH won't do it. He was all about the BG's because to him it wasn't much different than the sposies!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search