FINALLY 1/2 way DONE...and an appointment update...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By AmyT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I'm pretty excited to have reached the 20week mark today It seems like it took me FOREVER to get here this time, but at the same time I can't believe I only have a few more months to go before this baby will be here! I am finally starting to feel some regular movements. Not a ton, but a little bit here and there while I am sitting still. 1 more week until I find out if we have a little girl or boy baking in there

Today's appointment went well. Dr was happy that I finally gained 2 pounds (still down 19 from my prepregnancy weight) but amazed that was all I gained on our cruise to Mexico LOL. My blood presure was great today, which made me feel better because it's been running a bit high for me. And they were able to pick up baby's heartbeat right away and it was beating at 152 this week (lower that it has been any other time - it has always been in the 160's before today). I was pleasantly surprised when I found out our Alpha Fetal Protein test (or however you spell it) came back completely normal! We had expected with having twins and then losing one and then having the blood test after that, it would be all screwed up and would most definately show up as abnormal...but it didn't, so that is a HUGE relief...now I'm looking forward to my ultrasound next week more than ever! Hoping that everything else shows up perfectly on the ultrasound and that they will be able to see if it's a girl or a boy with no issues.

Oh yeah, and 1 final bit of good news for me...Dr prescribed vicotin for my migraines! I don't plan on taking it unless absolutely necessary, but I've had a migraine for 8 of the past 14 days after getting back from our cruise...it is almost as bad as the constant vomiting was in the begining of the pregnancy. I just begged him for anything stronger than tylenol that would be ok for me to take and this is what he gave me 7 more days then I feel like I will really connect with this baby growing inside me and we can name him/her and start to really prepare for this next stage in our lives!

Sorry for rambling on forever...thanks if you made it to the end

April 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Sounds like a GREAT appt! Cant wait to know what your having

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great appt update!! It's great you got lots of good news this appt. And halfway does feel nice, right? I hope this next week flies by!

April 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
So glad you had a wonderful appointment. Can't wait to hear what your having.
April 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Yaay for a great appointment I'm glad your doctor gave you something for the migraines, those suck.
April 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awesome! I can't wait to hear what you are having too!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 30th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So happy for all of your positive results! Cannot wait to hear if you have a baby boy or girl!

April 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo just one more week!! I'm glad your appt. went well.

April 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so glad you had a great appt filled with a lot of good news, Amy! I'm so excited for your U/S next week! Can't wait!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM
It's crazy because I've been very anxious about this next ultrasound, but just getting the results back from my AFP test have made me relax so much! We have always passed on the testing before but I guess it made me more nervous than I expected to have it done. I'm just thankful it came back as "normal" And now I'm really looking forward to my ultrasound where as before I was kinda dreading it afraid that we would get more bad news.

May 1st, 2012, 07:31 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great update and I am excited to hear what you're having too!! Any preference for boy or girl?

May 1st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
That's a great update and I am excited to hear what you're having too!! Any preference for boy or girl?
I go back and forth. Either will be awesome! Boy's names are so easy for us, but I have SO MUCH CUTE girly stufff that I would love to be able to use again. If I had to be the one to choose I guess I would go with boy though

May 1st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for an excellent appointment!!! I can't wait to find out if you are having a girl or boy!! I am so glad that your test came back fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search