Hip pain and sleeping

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
I've been struggling with insomnia for the last couple of weeks. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to fall asleep and the tiniest things will wake me up. Which brings me to my newest complaint: hip pain

I have been experienced pretty intense hip pain when I wake up. Sometimes the pain wakes me up all by itself. I have to sleep on my side - both because it's recommended, but also because I feel really uncomfortable on my back- but my hips ache all night long and into the next morning.

I've tried compensating with pillows between my legs, pillows under my butt to take pressure off my hips, body pillows, etc. I can't find a position that allows me to fall asleep, stay asleep and/or wake up pain free.

I had this problem on occasion prior to pregnancy, but that was back in the days of advil which would magically cure everything for awhile. So I'm pretty sure it's an inflammation thing. Not sure what I can do about it though. Any suggestions?

I really REALLY REALLY need a good night's sleep.

April 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally know how you feel, but it sounds like yours is worse than mine! Mine is realistically more into my lower back than it is my hips, but my hips are a bit tender too.

I got on a therapy ball in the gym this weekend and OMG it was like Heaven's gates were shining down! LOL it seriously felt soooo good! I told DH I'm buying one because it felt so awesome to just roll my hips around on it. They are only like $10 at Walmart to buy.

As for sleeping, I toss around switching sides/positions all night because I have the same problem. Have you thought about trying one of those large pregnancy pillows boppy makes? I never tried one but they look super duper comfy! I kinda want one!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 1st, 2012, 12:17 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
SNOOGLE!!!

It really helps you get comfy and relieves hip and back pain. It goes under your head, along your back and between your knees.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search