Phenergan Suppositories???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stepp_Ann

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
Has anyone had to use them this pregnancy or previous pregnancies?

I get migraines this pregnancy and with them come constant vomiting. I have meds for the migraine and the vomiting but I can't keep them down. Normally when this happens the dr sends me to the hospital for fluids and meds through the iv. I begged today for another solution. If these suppositories can make me able to keep down fluids for the rest of the night she said I don't have to go in, but the next time I throw up go straight to the hospital. I am about 45 minutes in and have kept down a few sips so I am very hopeful. I would love to hear if they have worked for you girls?

Last edited by Stepp_Ann; April 30th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
April 30th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Super Mommy
I havent had to use them this pregnancy, but they were a LIFE SAVER in my previous two. I mean they were the ONLY thing that worked.. and SOOO thankful I had them. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
April 30th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Super Mommy
Not this time, but I used them in my first pregnancy. The hyperemesis lasted the entire 9 months with her, and I eventually started using the suppositories if I couldn't afford to be incapacitated that day. They didn't always work perfectly, but you can't throw them up, so they were more effective than oral meds, and once in the hospital for fluids was enough for me, so I was willing to try anything! My advice would be to go sloooow with the fluids, don't try to rehydrate to quickly, and hopefully you will sleep soon and keep everything down overnight. Good luck!
April 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks so much for the feedback ladies. I'm so glad you are not needing to use them through this pregnancy and hope it continues that way for you both. I have gotten several hours of sleep and have kept down some fluids. I woke up so thirsty but am definitely taking it slow. My nurse even called this evening to see if they was working for me. I was very surprised by her calling but so thankful to tell her so far so good.
LovesTheRain likes this.
May 1st, 2012, 01:15 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
They work great for me, but make me super sleepy! I end up jsut sleeping off the nausea. Hope it passes for you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search