Anatomy scan and appointment..

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsTiffy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I had my first appointment with the midwife today. It was the best appointment I have had this entire pregnancy. She is very supportive of everything that I want and don't want for the birth. She made me a midwife patient, so I wont be seeing an Ob again. The only time I would have to see an Ob is for an emergency c-section. There is one other midwife that I need to meet, but she assured me that I would love her. She was very understanding and took the time to talk with me. She told me that it is my body and baby, so I can have whatever I want. That made me very happy. She didn't make me feel like I was being unreasonable, and actually made me feel like everything I want is what she wants for me also. The ultrasound went great. The baby is measuring right on target with my due date, and the little one weighs 14 oz. Everything looked great. We got some really good pictures and a video. I haven't seen the video yet, but I plan to watch it tonight with the kids. We did finally decide to find out the gender because the tech wasn't going to let me watch it if I wanted it to be a surprise. There was no way that was going to happen. We are having a little girl!! I am so excited. We are keeping it a secret from everyone IRL. We haven't talked about names yet. I am going to give my dh a week to come up with his names list, and then we will compare the lists to figure out the name. Today has just been a great day. I am so happy that I can finally relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.
Sagga02 and mnmstone like this.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so glad to hear this Tiffany, and I know this is a huge relief to the anxiety you were feeling leading up to this! It is wonderful news that she is on board with everything you want!!! And, CONGRATS on a little girl!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats! sounds like everything went great!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful appt! I'm so glad it went well. Congrats on your little GIRL! <3

May 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay! I am so glad the midwife is soooo supportive! that is wonderful! and congrats!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Sounds like an excellent appointment! So happy that you are having a little girl

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
May 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww Tiffany this is great news all around!!! First off CONGRATS on your little girl!!!!! How wonderful I'm so happy you found a great midwife who is understanding to your needs! That must be such a relief!

May 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Congrats on a great appointment, and Yaay for team pink.
May 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
Congrats!!!

May 1st, 2012, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Thank you all. It was a huge relief for the midwife to support everything I wanted. She even told me that if I make up a birth plan to bring it to her at 32 weeks, and we can go over it at that time. I told her I already had a rough draft of one, but that I wanted to tweak it a little. She also suggested that I make a baby care plan for the things I do and don't want to happen after the baby is born. She said that at the very least it would be a cheat sheet for my dh to use to know what I want. It is nice to know that she will support me and that I can have the birth I want.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
So glad your midewife is on board with you. Yay for a fab appointment and congrats on baby girl.
May 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome news Tiffany!!! I am so excited for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Super Mommy
Yay for an amazing appointment! And YAY FOR TEAM PINK!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search