Music, Talk and Communication

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do you speak to your bump yet? What about DP / other family members?

Have you tried playing music to baby in utero?

What about any other forms of communication?

Do you believe there are benefits to doing this, or not? Do you feel ok doing it, or do you find it plain weird?

May 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum

Yes, we chat to him. Richard especially likes to say good night and good morning to him.

Have you tried playing music to baby in utero?

We sometimes sing his theme song (to the tune of Duran Duran's Rio).

♪ His name is Theo and he dances on the sand! ♪

I tap on my belly sometimes to see if he will tap back - he did a bit the one day but I think he will get more into as he develops.

Do you believe there are benefits to doing this, or not? Do you feel ok doing it, or do you find it plain weird?

I think it's good for me and Rich to bond with him, plus he will learn our voices. No, I don't feel weird about it.
May 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Super Mommy
Do you speak to your bump yet? What about DP / other family members? I tell him good morning and goodnight, i also tell him to calm down or go to sleep sometimes when hes practicing kung fu in there DH like to whisper into my belly button sometimes to him.lol..my mom and sister and her bf also talk to my belly sometimes

Have you tried playing music to baby in utero?i havent played music for him but sometimes i listen to music on my laptop and he sometimes starts moving or kicking.depends on the music.

What about any other forms of communication?we bought a big book of fairy tales for him and we always say we are going to read it to him but by the time were ready for bed we just end up falling asleep..we will definetly start soon though, i hope.lol

Do you believe there are benefits to doing this, or not? Do you feel ok doing it, or do you find it plain weird? i felt weird at the beginning and sometimes i still do but i feel it is very important for baby to know our voices and for us to bond with him,. he actually proved to me he could hear daddy the other morning when DH woke up at 5am coughing so loud, baby started kicking in thought he was hungry i got up to get a snack and he stopped moving around.lol

May 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Do you speak to your bump yet? What about DP / other family members? Not directly to her - But of course with DD1, I am talking all day long so she is hearing us and learning our voices. I talked to DD1 when she was in my belly more then I do to Adalyn, but it was just me most days as DH was deployed.

Have you tried playing music to baby in utero? I haven't put headphones on my belly - But DD1 and I listen to a lot of music throughout the day on my computer and she hears that

Do you believe there are benefits to doing this, or not? Do you feel ok doing it, or do you find it plain weird? For some reason, I am finding talking to Adalyn more awkward/weird then I did with DD1. Maybe because I am not alone all the time now? Not sure. I don't know if it's due to the fact that DD1 listened to music in utero, or just because we listen to a lot of music now, but she LOVES music and loves to sing!

May 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Do you speak to your bump yet? What about DP / other family members? I do all the time, same with DH.

Have you tried playing music to baby in utero? No, but I want to!

What about any other forms of communication? I read "Oh baby, the places you'll go" (adaptation of the works of Dr. Seuss) a few times a week. There was studies done, where it seemed the babies would be calmed by this in the first few months of life after being read it in utero. It is specifically a book to be read to an unborn baby.

Do you believe there are benefits to doing this, or not? Do you feel ok doing it, or do you find it plain weird? Potential benefits based on the study mentioned above, nothing to lose if it doesn't work! I feel ok doing it, only because I talk to the dog and don't expect a response (yes, I am that crazy lady lol). I only do it at home, not at work and such.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Religiously lol. I talk to him all the time! He's my constant companion.
His daddy also talks to him too
Have you tried playing music to baby in utero? Not really, I haven't really thought about it but I sing all the time and he hears that

What about any other forms of communication? I sing and read and talk to him his daddy likes to talk to him too

I'm not sure! I like to think that the more I stimulate him thru sound the more he will be in tuned to it after. Like music. I love music, I figure the more I play the more of an ear he has
plus it is a good form of communication

I like to talk to him tho. I like to involve him in what I'm doing
May 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I do speak to my baby boy a lot, at least several times every day.

DH has been talking to my belly since before I had a belly. It's his nightly ritual before we go to sleep. He won't let me hear what he's saying. We sleep with a fan for white noise, and he talks quietly to the baby. He always ends it with a kiss on my bump. It melts my heart every time. I love that they are already bonding, and I know that Jackson can hear him now, which makes it even more special.

I haven't played music yet, but I am planning to.

I will sometimes thump my tummy to see if he'll respond with a kick. I read that talking directly to the belly and tapping it stimulates the baby's neurological development.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search