More Diaper bag talk- Skip Hop Studio?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
Skip Hop: Studio diaper tote

This is the bag I have been eyeing lately. It's big enough (I need enough space for this baby's things; a snack, cup, change of clothes for DD2; and a snack, cup, and inhaler with air chamber for DD1. I also don't plan on carrying a purse, so I'll need a little room for me, and I don't really want a bag that screams "diaper bag." This fits the bill, comes in a few prints or plain black...but it's around $90 and I am seeing it EVERYWHERE now. I'd love to spend less (I think it's worth the price, but I know me and I get bored, so I will probably want a change at some point) and get something that isn't just like everyone elses. Any suggestions?
May 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really like that bag! I will not spend that much on a diaper bag though. Since you know you will get bored and will want to switch to a different bag; you might want to keep looking around to see if you can find one that you find appealing for a lower price
momma_d likes this.

May 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's super cute!! I'm awful with diaper bags I will admit. I change them too often to spend a lot of money on them. What fits my fancy one month has me bored and itching for a new one a few months later I just got a BumbleBee Bag that's soft blues and greens and a little purse to coordinate and I LOVE them now but come fall I'll probably go for something a bit darker
May 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If anyone is interested Vera Bradley has a sale going on today only, $50 for some of their Baby Bag prints! I just bought one and I bought their Baby Book as well which was on sale for $18.50. Glad I got the diaper bag dilemma out of the way! I don't like the typical diaper bag styles, this one felt a little more like a trendy bag to me.

May 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks- I'll go check them out!

Ok, I WANT to want a Vera Bradley bag, but here's my concern- they are soft, right? As in, not structured? I am rough on bags and I'm wondering if it's going to look ok after a month or two. Thoughts?
May 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
Super Mommy
I ended up finding 2 I really liked at Marshalls for $26. It was a great brand also. I can't remember off the top of my head for some reason the brand but will check in the morning and post.
May 2nd, 2012, 04:39 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vera bags are very resilient and they can be easily washed, too. I read some reviews on this particular bag and one girl said she put hers through the ringer for 2 years and it still looked pretty nice!

May 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Super Mommy
I think I've decided I'm just going to get this bag. I have been doing a TON of online (window) shopping yesterday and today, and I can't find anything that I like even half as much. I found one bag that I thought might work, but it wasn't "the" bag, and it was only about $20 cheaper. So unless something else comes up that I am in love with, I think I'm willing to pay for this one. I have a bad habit of talking myself into the cheaper option and then realizing that I could have had whatever it was I really wanted if we had eaten in one night/skipped Smoothie King/not gone through the car wash/whatever.
It didn't help that DH said that the alternate bag's seams made it look like a butt.
May 2nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been stalking diaperbags.com for the last few weeks, for the first time ever...I usually won't spend more than fifty bucks. DH gave me the green light to order a really nice Timmi and Leslie bag that I loved, but in the end, I just...couldn't...do...it. I want to, I really did, but we have so many upcoming expenses, that I just couldn't do it. So...I sluffed over to Target's website and ordered a regular diaper bag ...it was cute though...for $29.99 which felt much better financially. Ohhhh, that Timmi and Leslie bag was nice though. I have to keep repeating..we need to save, we need to save.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search