Nurseries!!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nroundtr
  • 1 Post By Mrs_Crystal_K
  • 1 Post By Parker'sMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's doing a nursery?? Where are you in progress? Feel free to share some pics of your space or bedding you want etc Love this time of pregnancy!!

As for us, we don't do nurseries. Baby stays with us in our room the first year but he does have his own special space. My large closet is divided to hold his things and one side has my rocking chair, table and some of his stuff. Eventually the crib will move over to that area too but not until he's sleeping decent stretches at night. Until then he's next to my bed

My girls are working on re-doing their big girl room but I'm AWFUL at decorating
May 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be doing a nursery, but right now it's still DH's library. He has started the process of moving his books /bookshelves into our bedroom. Once he gets it cleared out then I can start moving the crib, rocker into the nursery.

May 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Baby girl will have a nursery of sorts once my mom finally gets back on her feet and moves out but no idea when thaty will be
May 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We aren't doing a nursery. The baby will be in our room for the first year. We will be moving next year, and when we move the baby will move either into her own room or will share a room with my dd.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Super Mommy
I am, sort of. Some time in the next few months we'll move the girls in together (DH wanted to get them low bunkbeds, because the room is small, but I just couldn't get over DD2's tendency to be reckless, so I think we're going with a trundle bed for a few years, until DD1 is old enough to move into a bedroom on a separate floor. (We have a split tri-level with three bedrooms up, then the main floor has living room, dining room, kitchen, then two bedrooms down, but I feel like that's pretty far away for a five year old to be sleeping.)
Once the girls are together, we'll start setting up the baby's room. The intent is for baby to stay with us (DD1 was with us for over a year, but DD2 only did for a few months, then she started sleeping terribly. One night I laid her in the crib in the nursery and she passed right out and slept all night) but I want to have the option!)

Anyhoo- The walls are a light khaki color and will probably stay that way. Furniture is white. Curtains and hamper are light-mid green. I picked a bedskirt that has blue, green, white, and brown stripes, and the sheet is white with a dark khaki pattern on it. Changing pad cover is khaki. As for the wall decorations, I have no idea. The girls each had their name in wooden letters, so I'm sure I'll do that, then I will probably just look around for one or two things I can frame to pull it all together. I'm purposely not buying a bedding "set" this time, but I trust myself to pull something together that looks nice - enough .
May 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
I am working on my nursery now... Can't wait til it's done!

May 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Even though baby stays with us the first few months, we are doing a nursery. Haven't started yet unless you count me making DH set up the pack n play haha. I can't wait to start though
May 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
We are doing a nursery! We just finished painting this weekend and I love the room! Since we're not finding out the sex, we're doing neutral colors - green and brown. The walls are a light green color with white trim and the carpet is a light tan. Our theme is elephants (just elephants, no lions, giraffes or zebras allowed ) and we are using accessories from the Carter's green elephant collection. We didn't buy the bedding as it was really expensive, but I did get the valance and lamp. The crib should be here on Thursday...I'm so excited that it will be coming together!

Carter's Green Elephant 4 Piece Crib Set - Crib Bedding at Cribs

May 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Super Mommy
Our dresser got delivered this evening and the bed should be here in the next couple of days. We have to move out the furniture in there since it is done up as a feminine guest room. I have had a hard time committing on a theme so far, so still shopping around.
May 2nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
No we don't do them. For us it would be a huge waste of money as the baby stays with us.

I do LOVE looking at pictures of them though and can't wait to see all the wonderful things you gals come up with!

nroundtc - I really like that ' Carter's green elephant collection.' It's cute.

May 2nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a nursery, but we also want to move out before Jordan gets here. Right now our 2nd bedroom is full of random crap that we are storing in there. The crib is sitting in its box up against the wall...

Let's see how this pans out

May 2nd, 2012, 04:48 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not doing a nursery. And as of now, I am still waiting to find out the sex. Hopefully by the end of May :/

The only thing so far in the baby's room is a disassembled crib that we may or may not have all the parts for, a bouncy chair and my boys winter clothes that need to get put away.

I hope in the next to weeks we can refinish the boys dresser and get it in their room, so we can move their current dresser to the baby's room.

So I guess the baby is getting a room, but we aren't painting, or doing anything theme-y. Just hanging up the Noah's Ark print we have.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
I have already cleared out a room, painted it pink and put together the crib. I have the bedding, but I need to wash it before I get it out. I wanted to get it mostly done before summer because summers are short here in the mountains and I plan to spend as much time outside as I can when it finally gets warm.

Last edited by hikermama; May 2nd, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
May 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister is currently living with us, so we haven't started on the nursery as of yet. She is planning on buying her own home in June or July, so we will be able to get started on it around then

Ashley
Ashley
May 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
We are doing a nursery even though Isaac will be in our room in a bassinett for the first few months.

We are doing this jungle theme: Kids Line Jungle Walk 9-Piece Crib Bedding Set - Kids Line - Babies "R" Us

Right now the nursery is our office/catch-all room. This weekend our goal is to clean it out. Then, we'll paint and put in ceiling lights.
nroundtr likes this.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing a nursery, so to speak. It's a room kind of connected to my daughter's room, but it's still separate. We have a small house. My fiance took out my daughter's dresser and got some clothes switched, I've got a closet to clean out, smaller things to do. Geoff's mom is buying a crib (which is what she said), but for the beginning, baby boy will be in our room, in a bassinet. I'm going to get everything organized in the room, then Geoff will paint. Kind of backwards, but that's his way I guess.

May 2nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Parker'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
We do a nursery. Right now we are working on changing our spare bedroom into a toddler room for Parker and when that is finished will move him into that and redo the nursery into a girl theme.

We are doing this
Pink Elephant - Carters - Babies "R" Us
I can't wait to start!!

nroundtr - love the green elephant theme too!!
nroundtr likes this.

*************Thank you to Claire1979 for my awesome siggy!!**************

May 2nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Super Mommy
I'll do a nursery possibly when I move to Indiana. We won't have our own home for possibly a year in a half or more depending on how long it takes for us to fix up the other house. But! I'd like to try and give him his own room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search