I think I might just be having a hormonal day but...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
A friend of ours just gave birth to her first child yesterday morning. She had gone in early the night before and we were stalking Facebook waiting for updates.

The first thing that happened that rubbed me the wrong way was the news of a healthy baby boy named Isaac was delivered by someone outside the immediate family. I mean, when our child arrives I would at least like my husband to get to announce it assuming I'm too out of it to post something myself. I would feel pretty disappointed if someone else announced my child's arrival without my consent.

I'm pretty sure the parents weren't thrilled because the same woman posted later, but made sure to mention she had "permission" this time. The parents waited to find out the gender until the baby arrived so the revealing of the gender and the name was a pretty big deal.

The other thing that kind of bugs me is that now that the baby has been here for a full day, the daddy has been giving updates, posting pictures, etc. The baby is beautiful, but no pictures of mama. I realized the baby has a perfectly shaped head and no little hat on so I assume she had an unplanned c-section. Which might explain why she hasn't appeared in any photos.

While I'm worrying over the mother's condition, the proud papa keeps chiming in on how good he feels. I mean, I'm REALLY happy for them both. But after his wife was in labor for 12 hours, presumably resulting in c-section and the baby is beautiful but brand new to the world, I don't really think it's necessary to include daddy's condition on all the updates. He posts things like "I'm really tired, but it was worth it" - Really? You think YOU'RE tired????????? Oh, and every time someone compliments the baby he responds with something cute like "he takes after his daddy," "well he is MY son," etc. GIVE MOM SOME CREDIT!!! Holy cow! She made a whole human being from start to finish in less than year, that deserves a least a single FB shout out!

Oy vey!
May 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigyl View Post
While I'm worrying over the mother's condition, the proud papa keeps chiming in on how good he feels. I mean, I'm REALLY happy for them both. But after his wife was in labor for 12 hours, presumably resulting in c-section and the baby is beautiful but brand new to the world, I don't really think it's necessary to include daddy's condition on all the updates. He posts things like "I'm really tired, but it was worth it" - Really? You think YOU'RE tired????????? Oh, and every time someone compliments the baby he responds with something cute like "he takes after his daddy," "well he is MY son," etc. GIVE MOM SOME CREDIT!!! Holy cow! She made a whole human being from start to finish in less than year, that deserves a least a single FB shout out!

Oy vey!
Oy vey for sure! This would rub me the wrong way too!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I can totally see how you feel with both of those things. Especially the announcement from someone else! (Dad might just be a little egocentric....) I can picture a couple people I know announcing it before Derek or I do so I'm going to make it VERY clear that the first post after baby is born will come from US. Unbelievable what people think they have the liberty to announce on facebook!

May 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh yes i see what you're saying and yes it would annoy me. in a similar vein, my mil came to stay with us when i had my dd and she took loads of.pictures of dh and my kids with the new baby. every single picture of me had my face cropped out so it showed just my arms holding the baby. i can laugh about it now but at the time i felt very sleighted. she hasn't been invited to stay this time around lol

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

May 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
My best friend made the announcement of my ds on fb but she did it under my account with my permission. I had a c-section and dh and I were to focused on our child to care if other knew,lol. To me it sounds like the dad is just ver excited, he should mention his wife and how she is going. It sounds like excitement is taking over, naturally.
May 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that would definitely bother me. That is absolutely wrong of someone else to post after the parents had waited all that time for the BIG surprise. Very bold of someone to steal the opportunity to reveal the news to everyone!

The daddy does sound egocentric like Ashley said. I am sure the mommy would appreciate some credit! I hope he is giving her lots of credit off of Facebook!!

May 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Sigyl's Avatar Veteran
That's a good point. The new dad has always been kind of a "look at me!" kind of guy. Actually, you all saying that made me realize that my husband is too... crap. lol.

I did make it a point to inquire after mama. I want to smother the whistle blower who keeps posting things about the baby. She is apparently at the hospital so she must be a close friend or relative, but I have no idea who she is so she bugs me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search