Anyone have a good Meatloaf recipe?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only make it if DH is gone, because he hates it! I love it though, I just feel like I can't get my hands on a recipe I really like! Last night I came close but not close enough!

I used:
Ground turkey
milk
egg
bread crumbs
ketchup
basil
garlic salt
gr. pepper
onion powder
minced onions

I always cover it in ketchup mixed with brown sugar, which I love. It's the meat mixture I can't put my finger on!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 8th, 2012, 07:36 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
meat loaf is a favorite here!

I usually use ground beef

chop small, onion, pepper, celery, sautee in butter and oil until translucent
then add some minced garlic and cook one minute longer.

in a bowl mix, meat, egg, breadcrumbs (I use italian seasoned), cooked veggies, ketchup

then I use a large disher and make mini loaves and bake on a sheet pan until crispy on top, then cover with ketchup/brown sugar mix and bake until bubbly.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
I do a modified version of Paula Deans recipe.

ground beef
chopped onion
chopped bell pepper
canned diced roasted tomatoes (you can sub with rotel if you want it spicy, i like it if the kids arent eating it)
season with a little pepper and salt
1 egg
crush up saltine crackers to "thicken"

Top with a mix of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

Make a pregnancy ticker

November 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, peeled and broken
3 whole cloves garlic
1/2 red bell pepper
18 ounces ground chuck
18 ounces ground sirloin
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg

For the glaze:

1/2 cup catsup
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon honey

Directions

Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl. Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed. Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture. Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.

Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.

Combine the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.

I use regular ground beef instead of all that fancy meat. You have to drain the fat off the pan if you do that though or it will overflow from the cookie sheet. It's best to use one with sides, or even put it in a pyrex pan. My whole family loves this recipe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search