Friday Five 5/4

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Romantic
1. Do you consider yourself romantic? Why?
2. Has your partner or any person in your past informed you that you were romantic? How did you take it?
3. If your partner has told you that the romance has left the relationship, would you do anything to bring it back? What would you do to re-ignite the romantic spark?
4. Do you think you can have romantic feelings for more than one person, either at the same time or in a lifetime?
5. Is there anyone in your past (or present) that you feel romantic toward that is not your partner?

May 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Romantic
I used to be. When I first got married, I'd make a candle light dinner for my husband and I at least once a week. Send him little notes in his lunch.

2. Has your partner or any person in your past informed you that you were romantic? How did you take it?
Nope. None of them have ever really cared.

3. If your partner has told you that the romance has left the relationship, would you do anything to bring it back? What would you do to re-ignite the romantic spark?
You know what, our romance had left our relationship. What we did to re-ignite the spark was spend more time with each other doing things that we might not necessarily like to do but that we know one another likes. Like last night, my husband was going through his comic book cards, I'm not happy with his extensive collection, but I sat down next to him (he got up from the comfy seat to give to me to use) and helped him sort his cards in alphabetical and numerical order.
We put our older kids to bed at the same time every night, even weekends to their dismay. Our youngest usually passes out around 9pm. Then my husband and I spend time talking and watching tv together or cleaning or whatever. Just spending time with each other, nothing sexual really, just time together, which I cherish more. We've grown a lot closer in the last several months than we had been for the last 9 years.

4. Do you think you can have romantic feelings for more than one person, either at the same time or in a lifetime?
Yes, I think that they are different kinds. Like a celebrity crush type of thing, or that off chance that you make eye contact with someone you've never seen before and you just felt connected. I have romantic feelings about my ex, my daughter's father, but I can't tell if it was just love of the time I had with him when it was good and missing that because no relationship is going to be the same. There is good and bad in all of them, so there is always parts that I wish that I could have from a previous relationship in my current one, and vice versa. I don't know if that makes sense lol.

5. Is there anyone in your past (or present) that you feel romantic toward that is not your partner?
My ex, my daughter's father, but only from remembering the parts in our lives that things were good and we were happy together. He was a lot more romantic than my husband, so I miss that lol. But I am 100 times happier now than I had been before.

Scarlett Diane

May 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. Do you consider yourself romantic? Why? Sometimes, not always. I leave little notes, or send a text saying I'm thinking of him etc.
2. Has your partner or any person in your past informed you that you were romantic? How did you take it? He doesn't call it romantic. I'd take it as a compliment!
3. If your partner has told you that the romance has left the relationship, would you do anything to bring it back? What would you do to re-ignite the romantic spark? Definitely! I would start with talking more about what he feels has left and what we can do to bring it back
4. Do you think you can have romantic feelings for more than one person, either at the same time or in a lifetime? At this point no, only because I have been with DH since I was in my teens....but I'm sure its possible!
5. Is there anyone in your past (or present) that you feel romantic toward that is not your partner? Nope

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
emeraldeyedimp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Romantic

Nope, maybe when I was a teenager and thought that was how you were suppose to act. I am pretty laid back and don't need all that romantic stuff - I think it's mushy and sappy.

I don't think so. I wouldn't take it as an insult but would seriously wonder where that came from.

For my DH it would either mean sexually or just spending time together. I would do something special for him like make dinner just me and him, or go out for a bit.

Well I think if you have romantic feelings towards one person while you are with another if you are committed isn't right but I think it does happen. Definitely in a lifetime.

Not currently. There are people who hold a special place in my life because of how they have influenced my life but I don't still hold romantic feelings towards them.

Thanks to Jaques for the super cute siggy. Marshall is loving being paired with Hannah, she is super sweet.
May 4th, 2012, 01:33 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Romantic

1. Do you consider yourself romantic? No Why? Not really sure, lack of imagination maybe??? And after DTD, Im quite "guy-ish" I roll over and want to go to sleep

2. Has your partner or any person in your past informed you that you were romantic? How did you take it? No

3. If your partner has told you that the romance has left the relationship, would you do anything to bring it back? What would you do to re-ignite the romantic spark? I don't think with true love this is an issue. You love each other regardless, through the good bad and ugly.

4. Do you think you can have romantic feelings for more than one person, either at the same time or in a lifetime? Absolutely not, adultry starts in the mind with thoughts....

5. Is there anyone in your past (or present) that you feel romantic toward that is not your partner? No, and the thought of anyone other than my DH in that way totally disgusts me

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
May 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Yes, I like to surprise my partner and do nice things for them.

Not really...

I figure if a guy said something like that it would likely be about sex. So I'd do something to spice up the sex, like surprising him when he wasn't expecting it, or dressing up in sexy lingerie.

Yes, I have been there and done that. But I think when you meet the right person, you are pretty tunnel visioned. That's how it happened for me anyway.

Not that I still feel romantic toward, no.

Tags
friday five , friday qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search