Do you...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
...vary the maternity clothes you wear from day to day, or do you find you tend to stick to a few most comfortable things?

May 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Mrs. Mustin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to vary what I wear, but I tend to stick to the same things from week to week. I really need a try to get a few new shirts for the summer though!
Me (Dawn) 30, DH 34, Jackson Christopher 4, Jacob David 2, Baby #3 Alice Annmarie C-Section on 8/24

May 3rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
emeraldeyedimp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tend to stick to the same things, unless I'm going out or doing something. I'm still mostly jeans and a t-shirt even when pregnant.

Thanks to Jaques for the super cute siggy. Marshall is loving being paired with Hannah, she is super sweet.
May 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I don't have very many pants that fit or are comfortable, so I wear the same pants a lot. I do vary my shirts a bit, but there are a couple of them that I love and try to wear often lol.

Scarlett Diane

May 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Veteran
I only have a few pants and capris but a handful of shirts that I try to swap around but I definitely need to pick up a few more things so it's not just the same thing over and over
May 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I vary it up because I'm working and would feel weird if I was only wearing the same few things all the time. I have six legit maternity dresses and another couple of work-appropriate non-maternity dresses that basically serve as maternity dresses. That's my predominate work wardrobe, but I am still occasionally wearing pants and a skirt or two with a belly band, just because it's nice to have a little more variety.

I'll admit, when I'm home and going casual, I tend to wear the same few things.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I have 3 pants that I wear for work and was just given 2 skirts so they will go into rotation, plus I have a brown skirt from when I was fat that I wear once every two weeks - I am happy to be pregnant so I can wear it again (it cost me $150 so I never gave it away). I have quite a number of tops right now since it's the in-between season and I am still wearing warmer things.

I try not to wear the same top for about 2 weeks at work but I am not anal about it.

At home I wear leggings and tshirts.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have much to choose from and I don't plan on buying much more so my wardrobe is very boring right now. Actually, it's been boring for years. I really need a complete do-over.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have bought some shirts and have more to wear than during my first pregnancy but I wouldn't call it particularly varied.

May 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have 3 pants, one skirt and one pair of capris that I can (finally!) put into rotation for work, and 3 pairs of jeans. I have about 8 or 9 shirts. I want to get a bit more since it is pretty boring...didn't get to go maternity clothes shopping with my mom last night but hopefully in the next week....I want to get another pair of capris and a few more summer shirts.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I just got a bunch of maternity clothes from a friend that is made up of my old stuff, my SIL's old stuff and my friend's old and new stuff. So for the first time this pregnancy I actually have a variety in my wardrobe. I'm so excited to have clothes.

May 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I have a few things but seem to go back to the cotton pants all the time. LOL! My belly is protruding like you wouldn't believe. I'm sure my fibroid has a lot to do with it. Can't wait 'til it warms up to get some tanks and capris on!

May 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm currently a SAHM and I will shamefully admit that unless we have to leave the house that day I don't leave my PJs. I'd walk around naked if I could to be honest This bub is hanging out really low this time which makes nearly every pair of mat pants uncomfortable. I've resorted to yoga pants and cotton pants Looking forward to that summer heat wave when I can rock the sun dresses
May 3rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Jenna I'm the same, I don't even have maternity clothes. I bought a few bigger, stretchy long sleeved shirts and I mainly wear lOose tops with cardi and my skinny jeans with a hair band keeping them done up lol or my sweat pants. Item at home
I barely get out of my pajama pants.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 3rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I still don't really need to wear maternity clothes most of the time, but when I do I won't have much variety- I have a hard time buying maternity clothes because I can't justify spending the money on something I'll only wear for a few months. I'm cheap
May 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wear a lot of the same stuff only because I refuse to purchase a ton of maternity clothes. I have 2 pairs of pants I rotate for work, and 2 work shirts. Once I'm home I'm USUALLY in yoga pants and baggy shirts... but if I'm going out I'll put on one of the few maternity outfits I have... 2 pairs of capris, 1 pair of shorts and about 5 maternity shirts to pick from.

May 5th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Lol there's no way I could be in anything but maternity clothes now, even my loosest of loose trousers are too tight and tops don't fully cover my belly anymore (apart from my new PJs which I have bought in the next size up to what I usually need rather than pay stupid prices for so-called maternity PJs).

I tend to stick to the same few things unless they all happen to be in the wash together and I'm forced to choose something else...but I do that with my regular clothes too. I'm a comfort girl. And a lazy girl.

May 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have ANY maternity clothes! I can't afford to buy any new clothes! And even I I could there really are no places in my town that sell mater its wear.
So since I have an expanding girth and not much for clothes I tend to stick to the little group of comfy favorites/all that will fit me right now.
May 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm at the point where there are only a few outfits in my wardrobe that still fit comfortably! I have some lovely maternity jeans but im down to just two t-shirts that cover the bump enough to wear them out. I have three dresses that can be worn with my maternity leggings but they are getting awfully tight on the bump so i will have to have a shopping spree soon.

...and baby number 2
May 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I was home a lot I would prob stick to a few things but since I work full time I mix it up a ton but not as much as I do non-preggo... just because most of my closet doesn't fit right now

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search