Going crazy with panic

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By one.juniper

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
So we have this small piece of land an hour away from the city. DH goes there each Saturday and does some farmwork. And yesterday he came back with this super tiny black puppy. Somebody had thrown her into our yard, over the 2.5 meter fence so she would die slowly of thirst and hunger (this past week we've had only days with 85 F). The puppy was looking sick and thin so I kept my distance. And today we took her to the vet and found out she has scabies and ticks. I thought I was going to faint when the vet told us it's pretty easy for us and for our cat to get both scabies and ticks. I've been such a mess since the visit to the vet. My heart breaks out for the puppy but I am also super concerned about my baby and my cat. I asked around for help, for somebody to take her in, but I don't think somebody will take her. We're determined not to throw her in the street and keep on with the treatment the vet gave us for her. DH is the only one who handles the puppy.
aaa, and did I mention we live with DH's parents in their appartement and they are extremely unhappy with this whole situation. This is quite wonderful, right?!!

I just feel like crying a lot to ease my heart, but I try to keep strong so DH doesn't see how troubled I am.

May 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
That is awful that someone just did that to a puppy. I would feel the same as you though. Big hugs.
May 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Wow that really sucks but good for you for rescuing that poor puppy. I bet he loves you to death already for taking him in.

Just keep up with what you are doing - not handling the puppy until he's all better.

Sounds like living with you permanently might not be an option cause of the in-laws so I hope you are able to find him a loving home. And I hope the people who abandoned him rot in.. well you know where.
Bobb and CaliMommy like this.

Pinterest
Flickr
May 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is such a terrible thing for someone to do to an innocent puppy

I am so glad you and your DH have decided to nurse him to health! I hope you are able to find him a wonderful home. Hopefully it will be easier once he is healthy again.

May 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sad That's wonderful of you to take the puppy in and help. I hope you find a great home for her soon!

May 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
So, update on the puppy. DH has been handling her, giving her medicine, feeding her, cleaning all over the house with desinfectant. I'm in charge of the extras : I bought her a big plastic bowl so he can bathe her in, rubber gloves, some sort of diaper blanket she uses as toilet etc. She is so happy to see me and DH, she pees and cries and gets hyper. But we try and keep a minimum contact with her, just because she gets so over excited to see us and cries after us.
The good news is we're determined to get her well, her chances for adoption increase if she's healthy. If nobody wants her after she's adoptable, I hope my grandmother will take her in, she has a big yard in the countryside, but she cannot take care of another dog (she has 2 guardian dogs already).

And now the bad news...the inlaws of course. Last night DH had a fight with his STUPID mother who said: "why are you putting this stray over us, we are humans, she is a dog". And he got really upset with her, they are not talking to eachother, his father is on the "human side" too of course. Both inlaws look at us as if we are criminals, I'm trying to ignore them and just do my business, keeping as much distance as I can.
aaa, and another bad news is that every animal rights associations said no to us, nobody has a free spot for her and their best advice is that I am careful not to touch her...
I swear, sometimes I HATE people in my country, they can be so selfish and fake

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search