I can't buckle my sandals anymore.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Duckie.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Super Mommy
My favorite pair of sandals buckle on the outside and I can't pull my leg up and get to the outside, cuz my stomach is in the way. If they buckled on the inside, I could do it. But I have to get my DD to do it for me, cuz I LOVE those shoes, but cant fasten them anymore! Also, I tried to bend over and tie my shoe lace the other day when I was out walking, and about fell on my face. I realized real quickly I have to bend down down, that bending over just isn't an option anymore. And when I flip from one side to the other in bed, It's like I have to carry my stomach with me, Its not one smooth motion anymore.

Is there anything you girls can't do anymore?
May 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Regular
Put my shoes on for sure. The other day we were leaving and as I bent down to put my shoes on, someone's head blocked my movement.

So I held out my foot and told DP that he was being introduced to nearly the third trimester of pregnancy by tying my shoes for me.

Cleaning is becoming painful so we do it in increments, and if it's toys on the floor, I get on my hands and knees and sort it into a pile (garbage, toys, books, etc.).

I used to be really physically active with hiking once a week, roller derby twice a week and going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Now... nadda. Going grocery shopping tonight will kill me for sure. Clean up, aisle 7!!!
LovesTheRain likes this.
May 7th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Duckie! It's nice to meet you! Your family is beautiful! It's crazy the things we can't do with a big belly. I rely on my 7 year old DD for a lot of things, to which she rolls her eyes and laughs because I can't do them anymore. My 4 year old DS is very sweet and helpful too. He trys to help me get up when Im down on the ground. Poor kid. He thinks he's so strong. LOL. *HUGS*
May 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having trouble buckling my sandals too! I can do it, but I'm gasping for air the whole time! lol! I think next time I'm going to try sitting on the couch and pulling my ankle up on the couch from the side to see if i can reach better, but I'm not sure that my flexibility will allow for it!

Also, bending over is a pain, literally! And when I get out of bed, no matter how slowly I do it, I get this stabbing pain in my left lower back and it causes me to practically limp around for a few minutes until it loosens up!

Other than that, it's business as usual around here! I try to be as normal & functioning as a possibly can for as long as I can and I'm definitely not ready to be waddling and unable to get off the couch alone! I am resistance training and stretching a lot to keep my flexibility and mobility going strong!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've already noticed i'm having a hard time looking past by belly and doing stuff like this! Can't imagine how it'll be in a couple more months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search