Traditions (My favorite!!!)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Regular
When my first daughter turned one, I bought her a birthday card and wrote on the inside. It was a few paragraphs, mostly about milestones, how much I loved her, and how wonderful it was to be her mother. I attempted to read it to her/my family but before I could even open it, I got teary eyed. So I put it away.

And so started a tradition. On my children's birthdays, I write in a card about what this year was like and describe their personality. I seal it, and put it in their baby box. When they are 18/They Move out/They get married, I will then give them the cards for them to read.

Do you have any traditions you do or plan on doing?
May 7th, 2012, 04:57 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is a very cool tradition.

I have made a scrapbook of both my boys first year up to an including their 1st birthday and all the cards they got. I plan on doing it again for this one.

I have also made my oldest a Christmas stocking, I am trying to decide on what to make for Nate, I'd like him to have it for this Christmas, but we will see. Plan on doing it for this baby too.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep baby books up pretty well and also make a sort of photo montage video for their first year...some kids got it for their first few months and others for their first year.

I also make one for our family each Christmas of the previous year. It's set to music and so much fun to watch together.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmmm I can't think of any that I do or have done! I'm sure there is something, but I just can't think of anything right now.

We are just big on family time. We eat dinner as a family around the table even if it is chinese take-out! We try and do something once a weekend that is fun or time together without distractions etc. It's usually something simple like going to the pool, park, or having a redbox and popcorn night at home!

We have a lot of holiday traditions, such as breakfast burritos on Christmas morning. I don't see things like that changing

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search