Your "Go To" food!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have a "Go To" food? I noticed sometimes nothing sounds good but Im hungry and I just have to eat something I tend to grab a chunk of cheese and a banana..I suppose you could say It's my one true craving..Probably healthier than some other things I could eat and I know some ppl think.."ok..cheese and bananas..what a weird combo"..but I couldnt imagine eating just the cheese all the time..pretty sure I'd never go to the bathroom..LOL..So what are your must haves?

May 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have a go to food this time around.

With Adam hotdogs were my thing, with Nate, it was pizza. This time. most things still seem unappealing.

I guess I could say peanutbutter toast, but that is basically all I have in the house, since there isn't much else I want. And I am so incredibly sick of peanut butter toast.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmmmm I guess granola bars, toast, or apples. It isn't anything I crave, but something that I don't have any aversion to and they are all bland enough that when I need to fill up, I don't have a problem eating them.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Super Mommy
Mine isn't really a food, but it's Chocolate milk! I normally don't care for milk too much, other than in my cereal. But if I don't have a glass of milk AT LEAST once a day now, I just dont feel right. I crave it all the time!
May 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CEREAL!!! I've been eating so much cereal lately, and could eat it any time of the day. Especially Special K!
amazing_love likes this.

May 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
Granola bars and yogurt. I also have an orange for my first break at work everyday
May 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No real cravings here, but I'll go for Mac and Cheese if I can't figure out what I want to eat

May 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant for my oldest..I ate like 3 bowls of multigrain cheerios a day..I'd even wake from a dead sleep at 2:30 every morning just to have it..With my middle son it was pizza..and my daughter it was bagels and cream cheese..Ive been drinking tons of milk(which is odd because it usually makes me really sick)..Ive also been wanting eggs..I actually get up early on the weekends to cook eggs and turkey bacon and toast with OJ for everyone so we can have a big sit down breakfast..I dont know whats up with me but I don't usually eat those things..LOL..I know I should be watching the fat content because I already have to be on ursodiol to maintain my bile acid levels..but I just can't stop eating...This baby must be a body builder too because most of what I crave is protein type foods..

May 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have one go to food. For me it changes up every few weeks, like a new stage.
At the start of the pregnancy, it was frozen pizza...then it was sandwiches. Then most recently iced- tea...not that is settling down and I'm waiting to see what it will be replaced with!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely cereal, specifically honey bunches of oats. If i can't seem to find something that sounds good to eat cereal is always my backup. Mashed potatoes are usually a good bet if i have them around.
Bobb likes this.

May 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
String cheese, apple sauce, or a glass of Ovaltine chocolate milk.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Apples or a glass of cold milk. Still waiting for watermelon to pop on the market.

May 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cereal and cheese/wheat thins They are both something I can eat anytime and be satisfied.

May 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grahm crackers with nutella (chcolate hazelnut spread) and a glass of milk
YUMMM YUMMM YUMM
this is more like my go to snack

May 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cereal, but I usually want a kind that we don't have.

May 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Super Mommy
Granola bars and real fruit Popsicles. I always have granola bars and ziplock bags (for throwing up) every where I go. We even keep my kind of Popsicles in the freezer at the concession stand at our ball park (our 2nd home). Jealous of you lady's eating cereal, I want it so bad sometimes when my kids are eating it but milk and most milk products make me sick instantly and it's just not the same dry.
May 7th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Milk also makes me sick during the day, but I can drink it with dinner. I don't know if it's because I go to sleep before I have the feeling to barf or what. It's not an instant sick it's like an hour later which is even more gross. (DH and I eat later than the kids, usually before bed which isn't good I know, but what you gonna do?)

I don't have anything right now that I really want to eat. It's either something salty or something sweet, and usually we don't have anything that looks good.

May 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Salad is pretty much the only thing that sounds good ever. I just can't eat any meat on it.

May 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelamomtomany View Post
Cereal, but I usually want a kind that we don't have.
Oh man, I'd be in my glory if I could just have free reign of the cereal aisle. Any time I wanted cereal I could pick a new kind, and not worry about ever eating it again! That would be amazing!!!!

May 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have one. What I like changes constantly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search