non weight gainers

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are a few of you I think? The doc has not said anything about me not gaining anything (technically I was up 1 lb at one of my apts) but at wic today she gave me all these papers showing me what I should eat in one day, and how I should drink more milk etc. I would EXPLODE if I ate as much as they want me to lol

I am overweight to begin with, not huge, but overweight enough that it really shouldn't matter. My iron level was just fine also.

May 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I haven't gained anything and they said as long as the baby seems to be growing at the right pace they aren't worried
May 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I was also told that not gaining was fine as long as baby is doing well. The only thing dietary wise he mentioned was to not have carbs at dinner to avoid heart burn. lol so far so good...

May 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've lost 17 pounds so far, my typical is about 30 pounds lost. I'm not concerned by my m/w got nasty.

I am over 300 pounds! seriously! I could feed an entire village off my fat.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm on the smaller side to start with and have only gained a couple of pounds (still down from my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to awful M/S) at my 20wk appt . My MW was not at all concerned. She said, because I'd also had my anatomy scan that appt and baby girl is actually measuring ahead and weighs more than average for her GA, that she is ok with me not gaining at this point. Obviously she's getting what she needs (or more, since she was already nearly a pound at 20wks)! My MW said she couldn't get onto me when baby is growing so well. I think that as long as your baby's measuring where it should and is doing well, then it's not much of a concern!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im a chunky monkey anyway so the doc isnt concerned that Ive actually lost a few lbs..he doesnt see any problem with it..Wic will give you nutrition ed everytime you are there..they do it to me too..

May 7th, 2012, 02:37 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still down 19 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. I am also on the VERY large side, and my OB is perfectly ok with the fact that I haven't really been gaining yet. I'm following the same pattern as my other 2 pregnancies, and I'm sure I will be back up to my prepregnancy weight (or close to it) by the time my due date comes around

May 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I weigh 168 right now, but I am also only 4'11'' It's dispersed pretty evenly, I don't think I look THAT big, but definitely more than more people who are under 5' weigh.

May 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm down 19 pounds from my pre-pregnany weight. (I am plus-size.) I'm expecting to lose a few more pounds with my new, even stricter, gestational diabetes diet.

I'm hoping once I do start packing on the pounds I just get back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, and don't go over it.

But as long as Baby Isaac is good, then my body will do what it needs to do.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search