The Great Name Debate (STILL)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By AmyT
  • 1 Post By Bobb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Super Mommy
SO I just posted recently that my MIL told me my FIL hates the middle name I chose. Which makes me mad, because I didn't ask. But thankfully she stopped calling him by the name she "chose" for him. Which made me furious. She called him that the other day, and my DD (love her!) said "Why do you keep calling him that? Mommy doesn't like that." Then MIL looked at me and said "Have you been telling her you're mad at me for calling him that?" And I said, "No, I haven't said a word to her." Then Marley said "I heard her ask you not to call him that the other day when we were out walking. So why are you still doing it?" I told her "Marley, Don't speak to your grandmother that way." But in my head, I'm thinking (Thanks baby! That's my girl!!) So MIL isn't calling him that anymore, which is good. But then they hate the name Ace. Which I picked for a middle name because my other two kids' middle names are Rain and Cash. I wanted a one syllable word that could also me a noun. That's not easy to do. Ace means "unity" which is what I've been praying for this whole time, and if you use it as a noun, it can be a playing card. Which my hubby and I love to play cards, so I thought it was cute. So anyways, They hate it. Whatever, I don't care.

But then my brother just calls me, and by the way I'm already having a bad day, and tells me he hates the name Taylor, which I picked for a first name, because he quote unquote "thinks it's gay, and I should at least give the kid a chance." UGGGHHHH! I DID NOT ASK HIM!!!!!!!!! And it's not like I can discuss it with my husband. I guess I need to go back to the name books and try to make a longer list so I have some options to give my husband if he doesn't like the name and wants to help me choose. But I've fought so hard for this baby, and Its my BABY, and I'm sick of the crap! Sorry, I just had to get that out there.
May 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my opinion, you shouldn't listen to ANY of these people. If that's what you want to name your baby, who cares what they all think? Once that baby is here they won't be saying those things, and if they do they are heartless. I think Taylor Ace is an awesome name for a boy!!!

May 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that people seem to keep bugging you about baby's name I know I'm having a hard enough time coming up with a name I'd be ticked if people started bashing my choices too!
LovesTheRain likes this.

May 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls. I just feel so alone today, and I thought the name was really nice. I usually have thick skin. I don't know why I feel like
May 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM
It IS really nice! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! That's so rude. I feel for you Kelly. I would be so hurt if my family was that awful about the name we choose.

May 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Screw them! I LOVE the name Taylor (but then again, I'm also a HUGE Hanson fan ) and Ace is a cute middle name! They may say crap now but I'm sure when he's here they will shut their mouths

May 7th, 2012, 06:38 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I not only love the name, but I think the meaning is awesome! You have done enough fighting, girlfriend. Unless your hubby comes around with a different opinion on names before it's time to push, don't you dare give in to ANYONE!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Screw them! I LOVE the name Taylor (but then again, I'm also a HUGE Hanson fan ) and Ace is a cute middle name! They may say crap now but I'm sure when he's here they will shut their mouths
I don't mean to hijack this post, but I'm also a huge Hanson fan!!!! And just to support my love for the name Taylor, when my brother was born I was 14 (and at the peak of my Hanson love!). I convinced my mom to let me pick a name for him.. his name is Evan Taylor!

May 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Screw them! I LOVE the name Taylor (but then again, I'm also a HUGE Hanson fan )

ME TOO! A hanson fan and love the name Taylor.
Taylor is my last name and I have a cousin named Taylor, from my mom's side.

My husband loves the name Ace. He calls our son that sometimes. He says it sound "tough & cool." I actually like it too.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
I am feeling totally out of the loop here. Who is hanson??? Thank you all for the support. You girls are really making me feel alot better. Its good to hear a man likes it too. you girls are so sweet.
May 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Taylor Ace is a great name. I say don't make another list,don't listen to other people. You are the mom and this is your child NOT theirs so tell the to butt out. Big hugs.
May 7th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
I also had some name options which didn't get too much support from my family & friends. But those names were like "hey, i was thinking about this or that" and whoever didn't like the name kinda felt free to say it. And I didn't get upset because in my mind none of them were really THE NAME.
But when I settled for boy/girl names and I announced "This is my baby's name!!!" everybody was like "yaayy, such a great name, I love it, it's so ..." (all positive replies). I think it's how you announce it. Maybe people around you got the WRONG impression you were asking them for permission or approval. I think Taylor Ace is a great combination and you should stick with it if YOU like it. And next time someone somebody asks you the baby's name, I think you should answer like "My husband and I have decided this..."
curlygirl77 likes this.

May 7th, 2012, 11:10 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not heir decision, end of story. Who gives a flying .... what they think? I wouldn't take on board the opinions of people who were so rude. Taylor Ace is the name you picked and you shouldn't change it And do what Bobb said.. be confident and announce the name without any doubts!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

May 8th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Super Mommy
I tossed and turned all night worried about what if my husband absolutely hates it, so I went back to the drawing board and I really like the name Joel. I think it sounds good with Ace. But is Joel Jacobs a tongue twister??? I still love the name Taylor, but I did want to have a back up plan just in case. And not because of what anyone else thinks, but because I do want my husband to like it. What do you girls think? Joel was an old testament prophet.. I think it's nice.
May 8th, 2012, 06:12 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what is wrong with people! why do they think they have a say!

I'm so sorry! You don't need this grief!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joel Jacobs flows nicely and I also like Joel Ace Jacobs. I think Taylor Ace is still my favorite though! It is definitely important that your husband likes the name.

May 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like both of the names you chose. Taylor Ace is my favorite. I don't know why people are acting as if their opinion counts on the name you chose!! Did they act this way when you chose your first 2 children's names? Regardless, I am glad you aren't switching names because of their unwanted and unneeded opinions!

May 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Jacobs is my maiden name I think Taylor Jacobs sounds better then Joel. Pick what YOU want, not what everyone else thinks they want!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
May 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
Honestly the bottom line is that it's YOUR child. Who cares if they don't like it mama? They named their children what they wanted to regardless of how other people felt. Taylor Ace Jacobs is a fine name, strong sturdy and gentlemanly for sure. As long as you and (hopefully *fingers crossed*) your husband like it, it's going to be okay. You've fought for this baby long enough and they all just need to let up already!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search