MOTW 5/6 - Sprinkle2010

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ask away ladies!!

May 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! Here are my questions:

1. How did you and your DH meet?

2. Who is your favorite actor? actress?

3. Do you have a cherished and/or prized possession?

4. Who were you closest to growing up?

5. Do you have an embarrassing moment you can share?

May 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I know you live close to me, so I'm curious. When I'm up that way, what's your absolute favorite restaurant? Meal there?

In the same vein, what is your favorite food?

I know you care for horses and teach riding, etc, but do you have any other "farm" type animals that you raise or tend to?
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Mommy Of 5 View Post
Hello! Here are my questions:

1. How did you and your DH meet? Ok, this is kinda a funny story. DH and I met through our mothers! I know, right?! They are realtors and friends and I was moving into the same town as the moms. DH was in town for Christmas and his mom convinced him that I needed someone to show me around town. Neither of us wanted to go, but we did and the rest is history. We've been married 4 years now.

2. Who is your favorite actor? actress? Tough one. I don't know that I have a "favorite" but I like John Krasinski (sp?) and Kate Hudson.

3. Do you have a cherished and/or prized possession? Besides my kiddo?! Definitely the horses. I've worked really hard to get where I am with them.

4. Who were you closest to growing up? I was probably more of a Daddy's girl, but my mom and I were close, too.

5. Do you have an embarrassing moment you can share?
I'm sure I have a bunch, but I'm having trouble coming up with one. I'll have to think about it and get back to this one.

May 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
I know you live close to me, so I'm curious. When I'm up that way, what's your absolute favorite restaurant? Meal there?
There used to be this great local restaurant called Uncorked that was super for dates with DH. Upscale but not too pricey. All the food was seasonal and they tried to do a lot of food from farmers markets. They had a quail entree that was amazing! Unfortunately, they closed.
We also really like a place called Redneck Gourmet. Its a local sandwich, etc place that has great food. I love their fried green tomatoes! Yum!

In the same vein, what is your favorite food? Chocolate! But seriously, I have a major sweet tooth and love most anything sweet. As far as "real" food, I enjoy seafood a lot!

I know you care for horses and teach riding, etc, but do you have any other "farm" type animals that you raise or tend to?
We have 6 horses and a few of my students horses that I care for. We would love to eventually have a goat, just for fun. And a client of mine keeps telling me I need chickens, but I'm not sure I do! Horses and 2 dogs are plenty!

May 8th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
1) Are you working your dream job? If not, what would your dream job be?

2) What is your favorite holiday? Why?

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 9th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Crystal_K View Post
1) Are you working your dream job? If not, what would your dream job be?
I am definitely working my dream job. I love teaching riding lessons and sharing my passion with other people who are passionate. I used to want to be more on the training/ showing end of thing, but it is so time consuming that I realized I could never have a family. (And have normal kids, lol!) This allows me to make my own hours and still have time for my family and show my own horses. Plus there is just something about little girls and horses! Some of the kids I teach have really blossomed since horses have entered their life.

2) What is your favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas! I love getting together with our family. We have lots of little traditions that make it so special. I think it really is such a magical time of year. Plus all of the cookies and baking... right up my alley!

May 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
If you are good with posting pictures I'd love to see your horses!
May 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyearl View Post
If you are good with posting pictures I'd love to see your horses!
I am not good at posting photos, so I apologize in advance if these turn out huge. I'd love to share some pictures of our "extended" family!

Sterling- the horse that started it all! My first big show horse. He unfortunately got really sick and died just 2 weeks after DH and I got married. Poor DH, I was a mess! But this horse taught me so much in the 5 years that I had him. He was only 7 when he died, much too soon.

This is Devon, my daughter's pony and my main lesson pony. This pony is worth his weight in gold and has taught many little girls to ride and love horses. There is a special place in heaven for horses like Devon.

Rialto is the horse we bought after Sterling died. He has turned out to be an awesome jumper and is ridden by one of my top students. He is starting to earn championships at shows and we couldn't be more proud.

Lolly, on the left, is the equine love of my life! She is 3 this year and I think she is going to be a star when I start showing her! We rescued her a year ago from a bad situation, along with the horse standing next to her. Nigel, on the right, also has great potential. He just has a lot more issues to work through before he really loves all people, but he has come so far!

May 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I love how you are so passionate about your horses. You can tell that you really love them.
What is your favorite activity to do on your day off?

What kind of music do you like, and who is your favorite band or singer?

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 10th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks, I sure do love the horses and am so lucky that DH is so supportive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTiffy View Post
What is your favorite activity to do on your day off?

I really love to cook and a lot of the nights where I am not teaching, I will pick a fun recipe to try for dinner. We also enjoy camping and taking our dogs hiking. We are a pretty outdoor oriented family.

What kind of music do you like, and who is your favorite band or singer?

I like a wide variety of music. I'm digging The Black Keys right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search