Unexpected Appointment

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I have had quite a bit of swelling in my feet and ankles and a little within my hands. Saturday my feet were probably almost 4 times their normal size. I called and they had me come in as they were concerned that it is starting so early and wanted to rule out any major issues.

The Dr says my blood pressure is good. Mason's heartbeat was 156 and he is moving around in there a ton even though I cannot feel it much...probably from the anterior placenta. I am guessing they didn't find protein in my urine so he said rest as much as possible and elevate my feet when they get really bad. I am trying not to worry, but am still a little nervous. Yesterday I sat at a desk all day other than a half hour after work and still swelled up like crazy. Anyone else have experience with edema? Any ideas/stories/ways to keep it down?

Thank you PS I have another ultrasound monday!

May 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine swell more on days that I do not drink enough water. other than that mine swell a little everyday and it gets worse if I do not drink enough water. I don't know if that helps at all.

May 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it was kind of nice to check up on Mason even though your appt wasn't for a good reason! I can't offer advice on the swelling, but I would definitely suggest drinking a lot of water!

May 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Kasey36's Avatar Mommy of 2 soon :)
I would say cut out salt if you can and drink a lot of water.... Something that helps me is to put my feet up so if you are sitting at a desk maybe you can rest them up on something during the day? I hope you feel better!!

May 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to the salt and water thing!

I was swelling up a bit on Saturday but it was definitely from being out in the heat and not having enough water. Once I got home in the a/c and popped my feet up it went away.

I had pitting edema (gross!) when I was pregnant with DD, but I can't remember when it started and my Dr didn't seem worried at all since all of my other vitals/labs were perfectly normal.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 9th, 2012, 02:04 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ankles and feet started swelling at 20 weeks. I was concerned but my midwife wasn't since i didn't have any other concerning symptoms. They told me to keep my feet up as much as possible and drink lots of water. The usual advice pretty much Thankfully this last week or two hasn't been as bad but i'm sure with the hot weather coming it won't be getting any better. You aren't alone!!

May 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. i have definitely been trying to drink more water because I was not before. It seems like it is helping a little bit. I appreciate the stories and encouragement

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search