Baby Shower game ideas?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
So my mom is throwing me my Baby Shower on August 11. We had to plan it far in advance because I have family flying in from out of state.

My mom asked me to come up with a few games that I wanted to play at my Shower. I need some ideas!!

PS - I don't want to do the "guess the candy bar that looks like poop in a diaper" game. Not being pregnant, that game made me want to vomit LoL

Let's hear some ideas!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 8th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
Don't say baby game
clothes line game- everyone has a minute to clothes pin as many baby clothes onto a line as possible.
guess the mommy's tummy size with string... this one is always amusing but can be a little embarrassing if people do like double your size lol.

May 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha, the chocolate diaper game always cracks me up!

I like the string game where everyone cuts a length of string to guess your belly size and then once they've all guessed you measure your bump with the string and see who is closest.

Word scramble baby names is popular but used at almost every shower.

Everyone starts with 5 clothes pins and if you say baby and someone catches you that person takes one of your clothes pins. The person with the most pins at the end wins.

At my shower we had everyone bring a baby picture of themselves and hung them all up together and had a number for each picture. Each person looked at the board of pictures and had to guess and write down who each picture was. It was unique so i liked that but was a bit too difficult IMO.. didn't seem as fair to the guests who didn't know many people at the party.

May 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I liked one where baby items (paci, nail clippers, bibs, bulb syringe, burp cloth, diaper, etc) where very loosely wrapped. The guests can shake the package, feel (gently) the shape, etc, and had to guess what each item is!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have played for my bf's sisters showers: Bingo, where either:

A) Each person comes up with a list of baby items in the squares they think are going to be in the presents. As each present is opened, if the item is listed (baby powder, diapers, onsies, bottles, etc) the person marks that square off till Bingo

or

B) If there are a lot of gifts, everyone puts numbers 1-25 in random order on the card, the gifts are numbered and the momma grabs one at random. If there are less than 25 gifts, then those numbers are marked off.

We also played at my sisters, the guess-what-this-ultrasound-pic-is-of game, where 8 or so ultrasound pics are chosen, and the guests have to guess what it is a picture of, being as specific as possible. (not just baby or head and body, but if there is a main thing like body with arm stick up or something, so people aren't making stuff up lol).

Hope that helped!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

May 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the ideas ladies!

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not big into shower games, but the only one I really ever liked was the ones where you interview the dad and then everyone has to guess what his answers are going to be!

Example Questions would be:
1- what is a braxton hicks?
2- what does it mean to be effaced?
3- can you explain a -3 station?

The trick is someone has to video tape the interview before the shower so you can stop it before he answers and people can write down what they think he might say! I think most people use multiple choice answers.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I am not big into games so for my shower my SIL got a bunch of baby products (that i was later able to keep) a packet of wipes, a bottle brush, bottle, paci, pack of diapers, a wash cloth, nail clippers etc etc and everyone had to guess the price of them. The person closest to the grand total won a small prize It was REALLY fun esp for those people who have not bought baby stuff before or if it has been years since they had as all they remembered the prices they used to be 30 yrs ago

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
May 9th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Super Mommy
There is also the game where people list as many baby items as possible and the person with the most wins. This is difficult for those who don't have a new baby because they don't remember the little things like burp rags, wipes, wash cloths, etc... even the people that have babies can still get stumped after the big items lol.

May 9th, 2012, 04:49 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It has been a long time since my baby shower, and I think my BFF did Baby item bingo. I don't know if we did anything it was almost 6 years ago!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search