Athletic shorts/sweat pants/etc...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 1 Post By smashley8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of you BTDT moms could answer this question for me. Is it really necessary to get "maternity" sweat pants and elastic waisted shorts, etc.? Jeans and pants I can definitely understand, and I'm JUST now getting to the point where I can see why shirts are necessary too (for a while I was like "MY SHIRTS WILL FIT ME FOR A LONG TIME I DON'T NEED MATERNITY") but stretchy pants and shorts? Can't you just position them under the belly?

May 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my opinion, no, it is not necessary. I have never had a problem wearing the regular sizes of sweats etc. during my pregnancies.

May 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
It's definitely a personal choice, but I LOVE my over-belly maternity bottoms. It smooths me out and they are SO comfy!! I tried on a pair of under-belly and it felt like it was jabbing me in the gut and when I sat down my butt crack would hang out. I also got over-belly shorts and yoga pants. I may never wear regular pants again

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
May 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Oh I definitely love my paneled jeans, pants and capris but just don't see the need to spend the extra money for sweat pants and athletic shorts that are labeled maternity. I guess I'll see how I feel in a couple months!

May 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it makes sense to get maternity athletic shorts or sweatpants. In general, these things are made with elastic bands, so I don't see the point. I wore all my non maternity ones last time up until the end with no issue, and that was with a big ole booty

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
May 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
As you already know, I don't own much at all in the way of maternity and wear most of my regular clothes through pregnancy, so you know what my answer will be, LOL. My personal opinion is that, no, it's not worth the money. I've always been able to wear all of my yoga pants, compression tights, workout pants, and running shorts throughout pregnancy. They're stretchy and fit just fine under the belly. If you like the feel of the paneling, then regular yoga pants are great. Instead of folding the top over, you can just pull it up over your belly and get the same smoothing effect and it's just as comfortable! It seems that if it's labeled "maternity" than it will cost a good bit more than the same item in regular clothes. I say save your money where these types of clothing are concerned.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 13th, 2013, 04:19 PM
It might not be necessary to wear athletic shorts or sweat pants during pregnancy but if you wear it these sweatpants keeps your body relax and also you can do any work easily that you want to do so you can wear sweat pants.
April 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Weird... This post is almost a year old.... Love the random ppl that post without checking dates...
Stepp_Ann likes this.
April 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
lol, weird is right. Although this post makes me miss being pregnant!
Stepp_Ann likes this.

April 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol! Wow, this is the second time in a short period that a very old thread has been brought back up. Well, since it was brought back up....Ashley, did you buy the maternity ones or just use the regular ones?? LOL!

Ashley, I have been on/off missing being pregnant too

April 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been missing it, and I have been feeling a million phantom kicks. So often that I took a test and did not believe the negative answer! (lol) and I am still almost on the fence about it. I even fel tthe weird footin rib pain! But I *know* I am not.

I definitely want to be more prepared the second time around. Be married, have a house and a designated room and plan it. But I do sorta miss it!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 15th, 2013, 09:57 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow again! Ha ha

I do misd being pregnant a lot to! I'm defiantly excited to have another lol.

And I to am curious about what you ended up going with ha ha!

April 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
oh thank you very much very to all who appreciate me to the reply of 1 year old post.
April 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
OMG! I was going to ask if you had some news to share because I didn't remember you saying you were prego again. I'm glad I kept reading and found out that this was an old post. LOL!

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search