Anybody else...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mommysoon
  • 1 Post By Jessy_Ree
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By momma_d
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By amazing_love

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
Extremely picky about what they will dress their child in? I know people say that they like to dress them up in whatever is comfortable... But I'd like to get stylish and comfy at the same time and avoid getting clothes that I don't like altogether, even if they are really comfortable. I've been looking and looking online, but only a few things have jumped out at me as something I would buy, but nothing I've actually bought. KWIM? Anybody else in this boat?

Truck patterns, sports patterns, instrument patterns, and anything with a jumpy logo are no-go's for me. It's hard because that's a lot of what stores have!

However, I LOVE stripes and animal patterns. Lol.

May 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
In some ways I'd say I'm more picky now than I was when I was a ftm. I think with my first, I was just figuring things out, didn't know what I really liked, etc. Then as she got older, I started receiving lots of hand me downs, and after a while of accepting EVERYTHING, I realized that I didn't have to dress her in everything she was given, and from then on with her and her younger sister, I've been much more picky. Now that we're having a boy, I am finding it a lot harder- I have problems with a lot of the same styles you do, and that's the majority of what's out there!

In addition, I know that I prefer certain types of socks over others (the cute soft looking ones don't stay on! go for cuffed socks!) and certain types of pjs or gowns, but I also don't feel the need to "dress" the baby every time we leave the house- I prefer sleepers for the first several months at least.
CaliMommy likes this.
May 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
I love sleepers! They are so cute and comfy! (And I have a million stripy ones.)

May 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think their isn't a new mom alive that doesn't love sleepers for babies. They are just too practical. Having said that, most of the things everyone says you don't "need" I still buy. I mean, how often do we get to have babies in our lives? Most people get to have 2-3. I say give in to the cuteness and splurge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at a couple really cute outfits today.
First Impressions Baby Set, Baby Girls Sleeveless Tutu Dress and Headband - Kids Baby Girl (0-24 months) - Macy's

First Impressions Baby Set, Baby Girls Princess Tutu Dress and Headband - Kids Baby Girl (0-24 months) - Macy's

First Impressions Baby Sweater, Baby Girls Floral Cardigan - Kids Baby Girl (0-24 months) - Macy's

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Last edited by OatmealKisses; May 8th, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
May 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly..I buy whats cheap and cute to me..and what baby will be most comfortable in..My daughter only has a few dresses..mostly one piece rompers because they are just more convenient...Ive never been a follower as far as fashion goes so I won't be shopping for baby Dolce and Gabanna or anything..LOL
Bobb likes this.

May 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you there Caitlyn! I'm REALLY not a fan of a lot of the boy stuff out there, including most of the patterns you listed. I know I'll probably get a lot of that stuff for my shower. So, I will probably use what I can while I'm at home and comfort is key. When we go out I can use the outfits I prefer. I have found some super cute stuff from Baby GAP and OLD NAVY! I LOVE the things I bought from Old Navy recently. Cute little button ups and trendy outfits! I'm sure our boys will be so handsome no matter what they wear.
CaliMommy likes this.

May 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not super picky when it comes to them being babies, but then again, pretty much all of the girl stuff is super cute no matter what! I am not a fan of character clothing, but Keira is older now and into some of them so I pretty much let her pick what she wants to wear, and I don't argue with her if she falls in love with a Disney Princess outfit or Dora PJs.

Most of the things I really fall in love with are way out of my price range, so I like to shop at consignment shops for that! I have gotten Keira some awesome Ralph Lauren baby stuff that looks brand new for less that what I would spend on a new outfit somewhere else, and you seriously cannot tell the difference, especially on baby clothes since so many things only get worn a couple of times.

I am a big fan of Carters though, and I think their stuff is freaking adorable! Not to mention their outlet stores are ridiculously cheap!
CaliMommy likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Super Mommy
If this was a girl, I'm pretty sure I would love everything out there as long as it didn't have a logo of some sort on it, or a character (unless it was Winnie the Pooh) lol.

Shopping for boys is different. I love Polo's, stripes, jeans (preferably soft jeans for baby), and the usual Little Man clothing, but it's so hard to find in my price range!!

May 9th, 2012, 04:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had to learn to not be picky, I get what is on sale, and when it comes to boy stuff, there usually isn't much left at the end of the season, mostly because there isn't much to start with.

I hate shopping for boys clothes. Although I did find now that I am buying stuff in the boys section and not the baby/toddler section their are more options.
CaliMommy likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I'm not very picky. I go with what I like which happens to be Carter's 99% of the time. There are things i don't like and won't buy such a monkeys, i hate monkeys for some reason but if its given to me as a gift or something I'll atleast make sure it ends up being worn 1 time.. I go for comfy and practical not expensive and out there brands. My sister loves Jordans but I refuse to pay for that type of thing so she wanted my 14 month old to have Jordan shoes and an outfit so she bought them and he wears them but they were never going to be bought by me... Its your child so i say go with what you want to do, if you want them dressed up and in certain brands then you do that if not then just go with the flow. But always remember that the baby grows faster then you might think so they may only wear a 25-30-40 dollar outfit 1 or 2 times before its too small.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
May 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I am picky; my husband is super picky. Only the best for our baby!
We prefer to shop at Janie & Jack, Gymboree and local boutiques.

May 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree its harder to shop for boys. I wasn't a fan of the characters, dinosaurs, cars, trucks, etc. until lately when DS LOVES trucks and insists on wearing his shirts with them on it so i don't mind I enjoyed putting comfy outfits on him but still liked the cute stuff. Its harder to find but not impossible. Target and old navy were my favorites for cute stuff that is inexpensive. You can find amazing deals at old navy. So yes i was picky in some ways but not overly. I was one of those moms that rarely put sleepers on baby!! At least with my son i chose "outfits" during the day and a onesie and sleep sack or something similar at night. We've rarely done sleepers so i suppose i'm odd in that way. I have no idea what to expect with a girl and how i'll end up dressing her. There are so many accessories that go into it.. it seems fun but a bit much at times. Does she really need a diaper cover, dress, tights, shoes, and headband just for one outfit? Guess we'll see
CaliMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search