Getting a tiny bit nervous...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I reach my halfway point tomorrow (20 weeks) and I'm starting to get a tad bit nervous about the birthing process.

You can tell me anything you want about how its a natural and normal process, blah blah blah, it doesn't help! lol

I'm just nervous about what I want and nervous about the pain. I got an epi with DD, but they gave me WAY too much and so it was not the typical epidural experience. I'm thinking of asking my Dr if the hospital does walking epidurals (I know... you can't really walk around with one). I want pain medication but I'm worried about the epidural taking too strongly this time too. At the same time, I'm not sure I'm really up for going all natural either! I'm just ranting but I'm already becoming anxious about it all again! and I was never nervous about labor when I was pregnant with DD (until it was time to push), so this is new for me!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my second child I was a little more nervous just because I had done it once, and I knew what it would be like. I think it is normal to be nervous especially when you didn't have your ideal experience the last time. I am worried about the birth of this baby also, but for different reasons. I am afraid that the nurses will try to push things on me, that the baby will come early, or that I will have to have another c-section. I think the more you talk about your fears and expectations with your doctor the better the odds are that things will work out the way you want them to.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

anxiety is creeping here too. I've heard things I am not very happy about with the midwives I am seeing. but aside from that, I am nervous I won't be able to stand up to them if they try to bait and switch me. or will I go into labor early, or will I have to fight them off if I go past 40 weeks.

I'm not so nervous about labor and such this time, but confidence in my own ability to get what I want.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
*hugs*

anxiety is creeping here too. I've heard things I am not very happy about with the midwives I am seeing. but aside from that, I am nervous I won't be able to stand up to them if they try to bait and switch me. or will I go into labor early, or will I have to fight them off if I go past 40 weeks.

I'm not so nervous about labor and such this time, but confidence in my own ability to get what I want.
I would be nervous about all of that too, no doubt! I really hope that things just pull out in your favor and you get another VBAC.

I'm planning on talking to my Dr about it tomorrow. She is awesome. I have already talked to her about how I don't want to be confined to laying on my back to push, but would like to be able to get on my side or whatever else I want to do and she was totally on my side about it. I think she will have good advice for me or if anything reassurance. This is a totally different hospital this time (which is probably also playing into my nerves), and I am excited about it, but just really need to straighten out my thoughts about it all. I think I will feel better after my appointment tomorrow.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
TOTALLY normal! ;-) I was crazy nervous the second time around too. The first time was just so exciting and you don't really know what to expect (I mean, you can read and research, but there's nothing like experience!) and the second time, I was remembering not just labor (which was pretty easy the first time) but also recovery (which was brutal for me) and there's just so much more to think about!
May 9th, 2012, 06:26 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only think about the actual birthing process once in a while but then I just push it to the back of my mind because I'm nervous and I don't know what to expect! I really need to talk to my doctor about what they will allow and come up with my own birth plan. I can totally understand why you'd be nervous the 2nd time around because you know what you went through the 1st time!

May 9th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
It's funny how the first time around we are nervous of the unknown and then the second time around we are nervous of what we already know. I am the same way. I think its normal!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search