Qotd - 5/10

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 04:19 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are you thankful for today?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 10th, 2012, 04:22 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that's hard because there's so much. My husband, my house, my family, friends, this baby, my cats, my job, and to keep it simple, I'm thankful that I get to go to an awesome neighborhood wide garage sale in the morning!! haha

May 10th, 2012, 05:53 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thankful for many things today!!!

first, my dad who was gravely ill and nearly died several times over the last 6 months, has been in a physical therapy hospital for the last month, and is finally strong enough to go home! He goes home on saturday! He still has a road a head of him, he will have a live in nurse for 2 weeks, then after that my mom will be his primary home care, and he will go to PT daily. He also has a few surgeries still, his the cysts on his pancreas are still draining, and he needs surgery on his heart.

But this step is HUGE! I am so thankful that he is finally going home!

2) I am thankful for my very best friend who is so excited about the baby, she like I was, is holding out hope for a girl, but she reassured me, that even if no one else is excited for boy #3 for us, she is!

I think I have figured out where some of the disappointment is coming from - my mom, who is so condescending toward me, either she doesn't understand my want for a daughter or doesn't care. And my IL's, the treated my second son so differently than my first. Like he was the been there done that kid. And if this one is a boy too, he will be treated the same. And it really hurts to see them treat my kids so differently. To the point where we really limit how much time they spend with the boys, because they are at the age where they can see it.

I just want this baby to be loved, and my inlaws have a pecking order. First born son, daughter, dogs, second born son and other kids etc....

MIL told me she only wanted to help us with things for baby if it is a girl. But at least I am starting to realize they are jerks.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
This is such a timely question, Ami! After the past couple of days that I've had, I need to stop myself often and remind myself of how blessed I truly am. First and foremost, I'm thankful for the love of Jesus and salvation, no greater gift than that.

Secondly, my absolutely amazingly supportive DH who is always so encouraging and loves me to no-end. I have never met a man who is more willing to sacrifice everything that possibly can of himself for his family. He is a true gift and I'm so thankful that God brought us together.

Third, my three amazing boys. Even though I have days where they make me want to rip my hair out and I feel like their making me literally crazy, I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing than my children.

Fourth is our life. We are blessed with a great job for DH, even if it means long hours, we are well-provided for and it allows me my dream job of being a SAHM. We have a house to shelter us, plenty to eat, and although we may not have everything we want, we lack absolutely nothing we need.

My parents are a great support system for us and always there to help out. They adore my kids and want to spend as much time with them as they can!

We are very blessed!!! Thank you for making me reflect on this today, Ami!
CaliMommy likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

May 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
That wee one moved up finally.

I got loads of packing done so next friday's move isn't quite as scary feeling.

That I got a handle on how to deal with my cold.

May 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday and I get to go home early

I feel like this week has really dragged, and today my back is hurting so bad that all I want to do is lay in bed.

May 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am thankful for my beautiful children (this pregnancy included, of course) and wonderful husband

I am thankful my for my family's health!!!

I am thankful for the adorable little sugar glider my DH brought home last week! I am totally attached already!

May 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
God's grace and mercy

May 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I am just feeling thankful for my faith in God and my relationship with Christ. I have been feeling increasingly moody and snappy and my faith reminds me that sometimes I just need to slow down and press into Him and let the little things go.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

May 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I'm particularly thankful that Mason will be getting to go to preschool in the fall at the early learning center...for free since it's with the public education system! So excited! He scored a 96/100 on their tests and said that the reason she marked for him to be eligible to go is for the social aspect since I discussed my concerns with aggression/attention issues.

May 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
This is definitely a good question...one I needed to contemplate because this week has been a trial.

I'm thankful for a husband who's smart, loving and forgiving.

I'm thankful for parents who love me and my family.

I'm thankful that I have a good job.

I'm thankful for this baby.

May 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Super Mommy
I am thankful that I have a wonderful family that supports all of my decisions. I am thankful for this baby, he has already brought so much joy into my life, I can't even describe to you all that feeling of happiness.

I am thankful for every rough patch in my life, I wouldn't be here with you today without those. <3 God really has shown me that he can move the mountains in my life, and that I can climb over them. He has offered me his shoulder when no one else would.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search